Wiki Posts
Search

Survey on Lufthansa flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Survey on Lufthansa flights

I do not understand how Lufthansa performs surveys on Lufthansa flights. Based on this method, I think this survey is worthless. This was my observation:

- the Lufthansa crew decides who will get the survey form. So the crew will not hand it out to grumpy passengers. Should the people not being selected randomly?

- the Lufthansa crew announces at the beginning of the flight, that there will be a survey at the end of the flight. I think the crew should not know in advance that their service will be evaluated on this flight.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kranich
I do not understand how Lufthansa performs surveys on Lufthansa flights. Based on this method, I think this survey is worthless. This was my observation:

- the Lufthansa crew decides who will get the survey form. So the crew will not hand it out to grumpy passengers. Should the people not being selected randomly?

- the Lufthansa crew announces at the beginning of the flight, that there will be a survey at the end of the flight. I think the crew should not know in advance that their service will be evaluated on this flight.
Points well taken. However, even if the crew were to hand out the forms randomly, the way LH has formulated the questions and the very limited room for written comments makes it exceptionally difficult to give informative or constructively critical answers.

Better to use one of the comment forms...and double track any critical comments by submitting your text on-line as well with reference to the form.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH FTL
My observation on 2 or 3 occasions was, that the crew had a list of passengers or seatnumbers and approached these selected passengers to ask them to fill out the questionaire. So I assume that there was a kind of random selection beforehand. Only if the selected passangers refused to fill out the form, the crew were looking for somebody else.
By doing so I once got the questionaire, and from my memory most questions were about features that the particular crew on the flight could not or only slightly influence. So I don't see a problem that the surveys are announced early.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by Kranich
This kind of sampling method is OK as long as crew does not make aribtrary choices. As long as they are selecting "every 11th passenger" from manifest they are fine.
Seen that selection several times and must admit crew follows pretty strict algorithm - have a look what they do if pax refuses to fill the form - they DO NOT give the survey to the neighbor.

On the other hand ... that survey is waaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo looooooooong. I have been selected once (normally I refuse saying that given my job I'd skew their results) and gave up after third page (of seven).

mfk
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Why LH keeps asking me to partecipate a survey, routinely and always for the same leg?
On a classic 4 legs return, via email, they insist inquiring all kind of infos about the 1st (NAP-MUC), which happens to be always the smoother and uneventful, either on the ground and inflight, and no interest for the others, where I'd be eager to spell out the area of improvements.
My luck wants that misconnections, delays, cancellations or poor service happen on the other portion of the routing. Nothing dramatic, but as I love to think LH customer relations office manages to take into account these surveys, I'd rather prefer to point them out the other face of the medal.
If they are just closely monitoring the NAP-MUC route, sleep well dear LH, terrific job down there.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
If they are just closely monitoring the NAP-MUC route, sleep well dear LH, terrific job down there.
Good news that things are going smoothly out of NAP!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Got the survey for last weeks outbound longhaul too:

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also received the new electronic version in September following a Lufthansa flight.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:25 am

View Screen Capture
View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture
View Screen Capture
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:35 am

View Screen Capture
View Screen Capture
View Screen Capture
View Screen Capture
View Screen Capture
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I also received the new electronic version in September following a Lufthansa flight.
So did I and one of the questions was:

'In which frequent flyer bonus programme do you collect miles or points?
Please mark everything that applies.'

listing all the usual suspects including:

[ ] British Midland (BMI) - Diamond Club

Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
A good step up from the onboard surveys, but yet a waste of time for their FF as they keep going regularly on the opposite direction.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:20 am

I had one survey from Swiss. It must be KPI time to decide someone's bonus...
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I had one survey from Swiss. It must be KPI time to decide someone's bonus...
I also had a Swiss survey in September- correct it does seem to be KPI measurement "time"- what I hope this means is that management is watching the data to see how to improve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.