FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1350316-lufthansa-lost-found-merged-thread-things-left-cabin.html)

Vedran Feb 14, 2020 6:45 am

Forgot iPad on Lufthansa from Houston to Frankfurt

I was flying 14.02.2020 with Lufthansa Airlines from Houston to Frankfurt (LH441) in the First Class (seat 2A) and forgot my iPad. How foolish and stupid from me :-(.
I kept it in the opening box left from my seat. I tried to call few numbers but to no avail. Neither service desk could help. The only contact I got email address [email protected]. I have sent them an email. Anybody any experience or similar issues? Is there any chance they will be able to find and return it to me?

ISTFlyer Feb 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Vedran (Post 32071321)
I was flying 14.02.2020 with Lufthansa Airlines from Houston to Frankfurt (LH441) in the First Class (seat 2A) and forgot my iPad. How foolish and stupid from me :-(.
I kept it in the opening box left from my seat. I tried to call few numbers but to no avail. Neither service desk could help. The only contact I got email address [email protected]. I have sent them an email. Anybody any experience or similar issues? Is there any chance they will be able to find and return it to me?

Hi Vedran and welcome to FlyerTalk,

Last spring, I made the silly mistake of leaving my carry-on onboard on a LH flight to Frankfurt and the service desk told me that I needed to contact that e-mail. After I wrote the e-mail, 3 hours later, I had received an e-mail from that my carry-on was found. However, I was on my connecting flight ( ex-FRA ) when I received the e-mail so I was either offered to pick-up in person in the next 60 days, or arrange a private shipment form DHL or FedEx as lithium batteries could not be transported with DeutschePost ( I had wireless headphones in my carry-on ).

So, e-mail them and if they find it, you would receive an e-mail asking you to pick your iPad from the LH Lost&Found office or arrange a private shipment. In my case, DHL and FedEx quoted a 8kg carry-on to Turkey as €200 so I decided to fly to Frankfurt and pick my bag myself so I wouldn't be able to give information on how the shipment option works.

oliver2002 Sep 1, 2021 8:26 am

LH and FRA have merged their L&F office in FRA.

sw1x Jul 6, 2022 7:54 am

Does anone have any experience with AHS Aero Handling Services GmbH acting as LH's lost-and-found agent in HAM or has any tips on how to contact them and get a response?
I have reached out by phone (no naswer), e-mail (no reply in one week) and in person as I am trying to retrieve my iPad which I stupidly left in my seat pocket last week. I was able to ascertain through the Apple "Where-Is-App" that it is held at HAM airport (so apparently has been found), but the AHS employee refused to look in their inventory claiming that if the loss occurred the day prior to me showing up, they would not yet have it. He was otherwise just plain unhelpful.
My issue is I cannot go back in person as this happened on a trip to HAM, which is not where I am based.

I do understand that LH is trying to save costs, but if they simply outsource to demonstrably dysfunctional third party agents, this does not create a sustainable offering for customers.

ballin44 Jul 6, 2022 11:45 am

Originally Posted by sw1x (Post 34401382)
Does anone have any experience with AHS Aero Handling Services GmbH acting as LH's lost-and-found agent in HAM or has any tips on how to contact them and get a response?
I have reached out by phone (no naswer), e-mail (no reply in one week) and in person as I am trying to retrieve my iPad which I stupidly left in my seat pocket last week. I was able to ascertain through the Apple "Where-Is-App" that it is held at HAM airport (so apparently has been found), but the AHS employee refused to look in their inventory claiming that if the loss occurred the day prior to me showing up, they would not yet have it. He was otherwise just plain unhelpful.
My issue is I cannot go back in person as this happened on a trip to HAM, which is not where I am based.

I do understand that LH is trying to save costs, but if they simply outsource to demonstrably dysfunctional third party agents, this does not create a sustainable offering for customers.

everything is horrible in Hamburg right now. Missing 3 bags myself. That being said, they let you in to go look yourself. I was going to go tomorrow afternoon - if your iPad is still online and trackable I might be able to retrieve it for you. Let me know via PM.

Mike Jacoubowsky Dec 9, 2022 4:48 pm

Left wallet on LH flight; how to contact?

Somehow I forgot to put my wallet back where it belonged after purchasing internet on the flight from FRA-SFO. But there seems no way to contact LH. I quickly went back to the airport but their counters were empty. Since it was an 016 ticket I did check with United to see if they had any connections; no. I was told by LH on the phone to check with people in the baggage area, but on an international flight, you can't get there from here (once you're airside, you can't go back in). I did get a number from an LH guy on the phone for their Lost & Found department, but it went to a disconnected number (800 645 3880).

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

barabuski May 20, 2023 3:19 pm

Run around from LH after jacket not returned on F flight

Hi all,

I flew F Munich to JFK about a week ago. When I boarded, the FA offered to take my jacket, which I initially refused. She said no no, I insist, so I said okay. Which I did appreciate! Upon landing, the jacket was never returned to me.

I realized this on the cab ride back into the city, and immediately DM'd LH on Twitter. They told me to email a cabinlost@ email or call the LH baggage call center. The call center told me to submit a feedback form on the LH website. The cabinlost response told me to contact customer relations. Customer relations told me to call JFK lost and found. JFK lost and found told me to contact LH directly. The feedback form response came back and told me to email cabinlost@...

What is going on here? I've been absolutely stuck in a run around. Any tips? If I had forgotten the item of my own accord, I'd forget about it, but since it was more of an FA error, it really bugs me (other people in F got their jackets back prior to landing too, btw). The jacket isn't that expensive but there are some sentimental items in the pockets..

Thanks!

cfischer May 20, 2023 3:28 pm

call the F hotline ...

barabuski May 20, 2023 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 35265655)
call the F hotline ...

Didn't know this was a thing. Looks to be closed on weekends here though (which would not have been useful last weekend either). Will try on Monday though..

chris63 May 21, 2023 12:32 am

Originally Posted by barabuski (Post 35265780)
Didn't know this was a thing. Looks to be closed on weekends here though (which would not have been useful last weekend either). Will try on Monday though..

The real F hotline is in Germany, for a more professional response try +49 800 627 0508 that number is foc on Skype or +49 698 6799 444 , 07.30 to 21.30 DE time.

athome May 21, 2023 12:51 am

The FA store a jacket normally in the private bin allocated to each F passenger. Did you use it for you hand baggage and for your clothes, when wearing the pajama?

chris63 May 21, 2023 1:35 am

Originally Posted by athome (Post 35266409)
The FA store a jacket normally in the private bin allocated to each F passenger. Did you use it for you hand baggage and for your clothes, when wearing the pajama?

MUC-JFK is operated by A346, so no personal lockers, those are on B748 & A380

barabuski May 21, 2023 8:04 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 35266385)
The real F hotline is in Germany, for a more professional response try +49 800 627 0508 that number is foc on Skype or +49 698 6799 444 , 07.30 to 21.30 DE time.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Called them and after a tiny bit of blaming me for not asking for it upon leaving, said they had no ability to do anything today but would talk to supervisor tomorrow and see if they could get it figured out.

So we will see. Kinda surprised, doesn't seem like the most complicated request in the world?? But what do I know..

chris63 May 21, 2023 8:10 am

Originally Posted by barabuski (Post 35267017)
Thanks, I appreciate it. Called them and after a tiny bit of blaming me for not asking for it upon leaving, said they had no ability to do anything today but would talk to supervisor tomorrow and see if they could get it figured out.

So we will see. Kinda surprised, doesn't seem like the most complicated request in the world?? But what do I know..

Welcome, no it should not need rocket science to return belongings from an F cabin, good luck & let us know how it goes

digitalfan May 21, 2023 8:15 am

Originally Posted by barabuski (Post 35265638)
Hi all,

I flew F Munich to JFK about a week ago. When I boarded, the FA offered to take my jacket, which I initially refused. She said no no, I insist, so I said okay. Which I did appreciate! Upon landing, the jacket was never returned to me.

I realized this on the cab ride back into the city, and immediately DM'd LH on Twitter. They told me to email a cabinlost@ email or call the LH baggage call center. The call center told me to submit a feedback form on the LH website. The cabinlost response told me to contact customer relations. Customer relations told me to call JFK lost and found. JFK lost and found told me to contact LH directly. The feedback form response came back and told me to email cabinlost@...

What is going on here? I've been absolutely stuck in a run around. Any tips? If I had forgotten the item of my own accord, I'd forget about it, but since it was more of an FA error, it really bugs me (other people in F got their jackets back prior to landing too, btw). The jacket isn't that expensive but there are some sentimental items in the pockets..

Thanks!

In a comparable situation with LX in SIN it helped (and resulted in getting back the jacket) to directly approach the LX office at Changi airport (which was rather hidden on the level between departures and arrivals, iirc). Neither Lost & Found nor LX's premium customer service could find the jacket...

Maybe, there is also such an office in JFK that you could head to when flying back or flying somewhere else?