FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1350316-lufthansa-lost-found-merged-thread-things-left-cabin.html)

Vfarrell Aug 12, 2018 3:42 pm

IPad Left on Lufthansa plane

Hi all, yesterday I left an iPad on a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Berlin.
i have read the thread but cannot seem to work out how to get in touch with the right person at lost and found.
i rang Lufthansa who said I had to ring Tegal which I did and they gave me the number for Lufthansa. I sent an email to both Tegal and Lufthansa. Tegal have said that I had to email Lufthansa lost and found which I did but no reply. We leave Berlin tomorrow morning for Munich.
It seems there is no simple way to do this I am just going in circles.
as noted earlier there are a lot of reasons people leave things behind, generally stress is the major one. We had just spent 2 days getting from London to Berlin with our flights cancelled twice and a rerouting through Frankfurt. We now have to get to Munich to link with flight to Australia. Missed our 3 days in Berlin with just an afternoon to sightsee after spending the morning on phones and emails.
If anyone can help with how to get on to the right person to get the iPad back I would appreciate it. All our travel details are on there as well as heaps of other data.
Thanks in advance.

oliver2002 Aug 13, 2018 2:30 am

Tegel lost and found back office telephone number is 030 88756510 (open 8-12, 13-20), the call center for lost and found is 069-95307962 (open 7-22)

HadesNL Sep 15, 2018 1:41 am

Absent minded me, left behind my camera, wallet and family photos in the ottoman on the a340-600 seat 1A.

This happened yesterday 14 september 2018 on LH 713 from ICN to FRA.
We were in a mad rush to make the last connection to AMS and i remembered i forgot those things when we finally arrived at home in the Netherlands.

What is the best course of action?
is it still the right email for cabin lost and found Lufthansa-Fundbüro FRA: [email protected]
i don't mind to pay the delivery fees as long as i can get my family photos back that were in my wallet

MichielR Sep 15, 2018 4:26 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 30205634)
Absent minded me, left behind my camera, wallet and family photos in the ottoman on the a340-600 seat 1A.

This happened yesterday 14 september 2018 on LH 713 from ICN to FRA.
We were in a mad rush to make the last connection to AMS and i remembered i forgot those things when we finally arrived at home in the Netherlands.

What is the best course of action?
is it still the right email for cabin lost and found Lufthansa-Fundbüro FRA: [email protected]
i don't mind to pay the delivery fees as long as i can get my family photos back that were in my wallet

You should ring the first class line as you flew in F. They may chase the lost and found people for you.

atakam Sep 17, 2018 1:51 pm

iPhone lost

We flew with my daughter in C last month and she forgot her iPhone on the plane arriving HND. As you may know, in Japan lost & found usually works and you find your stuff. I called LH Tokyo office and the very unhelpful staff said there was no iPhone on the plane. Next day I had to fly to Seoul and went to LH counter in HND (because LH Tokyo office didn’t want to give me LH HND phone #). The LH staff didn’t help at all and said that I should contact FRA lost & found and follow the process.
Short story, the iPhone is still lost and nobody in LH seems to care. So make sure you don’t forget anything onboard LH.
Had a similar issue on NH, I forgot some irrelevant papers on a clear file flying Y from GMP-HND. I called NH just to ask and they immediately identified the item. Next day the envelope with the clear file arrived the hotel. Totally different service putting the customer as a priority.

dobrovski Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Did you find my lost glasses ?

On the 25.Septrmber during the flight LH1702 Munich to Sofia in the business class 3A while moving to 1F I lost somewhere my pogressive glasses (model Pierre Cardin/ Fielmann) in a Ray Ban case. I am very unhappy about losing my very specific gallsses (high dioptrics) as I really need them every minute.
All my tepephone calls to Sofia airport were without success. I was told to email Lufthansa`s cabinlost @baggageservice.de.
I do very much hope you could help me if you have found my dear glasses.

With many many thanks in advance

Sincerely yours

Often1 Oct 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Doctor - I do hope that you realize that you have posted this information on a public internet forum and that this is neither LH nor anyone associated with LH. You should immediately remove your personal information from your post.

In the meantime, just hope to hear back from LH and perhaps call if you do not hear soon.

agamb Jan 13, 2019 1:51 am

Lost iPad Pro at Frankfurt

Newbie here (just made an account); as the title says: I was flying through Frankfurt a week ago, and ... kept my iPad Pro in the seat pocket, behind the magazine, and ... left it there.

Realized only when I was about to go through security for my next flight, and there just wasn't enough time to go back. I talked to the gate agent, who asked me to open an email with lost and found.

I gave a detailed description of the flight number, my seat number, the iPad serial number, but after a week, I get to know the case has been closed since they never found it.

Okay, terrible luck, nothing much I can do to get it back, but is there a way I can inform local law enforcement there about this? Given that this device has probably been factory reset by someone, is it still worth passing on the details for a police report? Has anyone ever done this in the past?

Any advice much appreciated, and a happy new year.
-Agam

daumueller Jan 13, 2019 2:51 am

Did you activate the ‚where is my ipad‘ functionality?

aster Jan 13, 2019 7:36 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 30648044)
Did you activate the ‚where is my ipad‘ functionality?

This is a must people, as it automatically switches on an "activation lock" without which someone cannot wipe your device and register it again. In other words, they won't be able to use the device themselves, sell it on, etc.

agamb Jan 13, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks for replying. Yes I did do that, but unfortunately not immediately, after three days.

(So there was a window of three days where there was no lock)

daumueller Jan 13, 2019 10:11 am

Originally Posted by agamb (Post 30648835)
Thanks for replying. Yes I did do that, but unfortunately not immediately, after three days.

(So there was a window of three days where there was no lock)

a Bit OT: how did you activate that without the device?

athome Jan 14, 2019 5:23 am

That means it is not and was never activated.

Law enforcement does not necessarily help, as under German law, one might eventually understand that you gave up the ownership deliberately. Not having activated the tracking function might even support this view.

oliver2002 Jan 14, 2019 5:34 am

The other day I saw cabin crew report a found item in MUC... they fill out quite a detailed report an attach it to the found item before handing it to the ground staff. It seems that pax 'hide' things so well (in the magazine pocket, under the seat, etc) that cleaning and cabin crew often don't notice the left behind items during the service intervall. Mostly pax on the next flight find the items and hand it to the cabin crew who try to document the location and then hand over at the base during the end of the day.

agamb Jan 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Yep, I've heard back from Lufthansa/Frankfurt, they've closed my case.

To clarify, I was able to go to "Find my iPhone", select my iPad and say "lost mode", but since the ipad was never connected to the internet, this is merely (and forever shall be, I guess) a "pending" action :-(

Thanks for the help/advice though! (I hope I've learnt a lesson here)