Wiki Posts
Search

mychoice is back [for 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
mychoice is back [for 2012]

You may register from tomorrow. www.miles-and-more.com/mychoice.
This time you have a choice to register for award miles or status miles.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by shipsmail
That's great news,
too bad I haven't planned to fly LH, OS, LX this year.
Will wait until next year to see if I still renew my SEN status
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:27 pm
Suspended

T&C still state 2011.

Question: Will flights count which were booked already?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
Originally Posted by shipsmail
I am not sure. It could be a scam.
T@C are strange

06-04-2012
Now I am sure. It works, and it is not a scam

Last edited by Marek_Limanowa; Apr 6, 2012 at 3:47 am
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm definitely going to wait for them to update the T&C before registering. These dates look rather strange, last year it started on 1st May already if I'm not mistaken.

UPDATE: The page has been temporarily taken down, it seems.

Last edited by gojko88; Mar 31, 2012 at 7:17 pm
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
T&C still state 2011.

Question: Will flights count which were booked already?
All flights from May 1st until the end of year will count. Registration period is from April 1st to 30th. So very much the same like last year. The difference seems to be, that you now have a choice to status miles. (maybe an inflation of new SEN).
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
There is a link to the 2012 mychoice on the M&M site, referring to 2012 dates etc. The link takes me to a registration page which has the 2011 T&C and then gives an eror message when registering. Good job, IT!

Entweder ist das Angebot, auf das Sie geklickt haben, abgelaufen, oder wir nehmen vom übermittelten Formular keine Antworten mehr an.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:43 am
Suspended

The form is back online but still stating 2011 T&C`s.
When using the search function on lufthansa.com the result states that this promo will start soon again but no further information.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Collect more award or status miles with myChoice

This year, Miles & More members have the opportunity to choose a favourite route within Europe and they can even choose their preferred mileage type: additional award miles or status miles.

This special offer is valid from 1 May until the end of 2012 for all non-stop European flights (including domestic flights) with Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Germanwings, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair and SWISS.

On your favourite route you will earn double award or status miles in Economy Class for both the outbound and the return flight, and in Business Class you'll earn triple award or status miles! So with the mileage promotion myChoice it won't be long until you can redeem your next award or upgrade your status.

You can only pick one route, and once chosen it cannot be changed for the duration of the promotional period. During the registration period from 1 to 30 April 2012, however, you can change your favourite route as often as you like, and the last route selected at the end of that period will be deemed final.

Your choice of mileage type is also binding. Every flight counts: the outbound and return flight each count as a separate flight. Here's an example: a round-trip from Frankfurt to Berlin in Lufthansa Economy Class is usually worth 2,000 miles.* With myChoice this number doubles to 4,000 miles. Five return flights this year will therefore earn you 20,000 instead of the usual 10,000 award or status miles.

Just visit www.miles-and-more.com/mychoice before 30 April 2012 to register for this promotion. There you will also find details on the terms and conditions.

Not a Miles & More member yet? Then just fill in the application form overleaf before signing up for myChoice and start enjoying the benefits of Europe's largest frequent flyer programme.

* Example for booking classes B and Y
Lufthansa Magazin 4/2012 p.82
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:28 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
LOL'd at the part where B and Y are usual for flying in economy
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the message- the website however responds with error messages in German language only.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:52 am

It is really strange: The Lufthansa Magazine was stating that it is possible to choose between award and status miles. The registration form however does not allow this decision to be made....
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's mostly the 2011 screen and T&C's that you are seeing.... again LH seems to be late.

Just like the flight status in M&M is still not up to date... although the message show that they should be fine at the end of March. It's just incompetence.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
I'm not seeing the advantage of picking award miles instead of status miles if they would be handed out in the same amount (always double or triple regardless of type).

GBM
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: Eurobonus (Gold), BA Executive Club (Gold), Miles & More (Senator), Flying Blue (Gold)
GBM - I think the advantage with choosing award miles is that these are miles you can actually use for redemptions whereas status miles are only good for moving towards the next membership tier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.