Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa upgrade to F waitlist rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Hon
Lufthansa upgrade to F waitlist rules

(i) In what priority are waitlisted F upgrade requests processed? In particular, among waitlisted Senators, is the award of upgrades based on the respective booking class or the time when the upgrade request was made (or are there other parameters)?

(ii) I understand there is no more a separate system for A380 and all upgrade requests are handeled by the same system. Is this correct?

(iii) If an upgrade request is made via the Sen hotline, could one check the number of waitlisted persons for a respective flight in order to assess the likelyhood of success?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:19 am

(i) Second highest waiting list priority, reading from http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

(ii & iii) I'm not sure about this, another member from the community will be able to answer this.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by anona678
(i) Second highest waiting list priority, reading from http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

(ii & iii) I'm not sure about this, another member from the community will be able to answer this.
Just so you know, you did not answer any of the OP's three questions.....
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
Originally Posted by justy
(iii) If an upgrade request is made via the Sen hotline, could one check the number of waitlisted persons for a respective flight in order to assess the likelyhood of success?
I was on the phone with the SEN hotline last night and raised this question in the end. The agent told me that he does not have the possibility to see how many people are on the WL. Not sure if was right, but at least it's an official answer
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Toconaur
I was on the phone with the SEN hotline last night and raised this question in the end. The agent told me that he does not have the possibility to see how many people are on the WL. Not sure if was right, but at least it's an official answer
I was on the other phone the other day with the HON Line and the agent told me it was only two people on the WL for an upgrade (without me asking), so they must have a system in place
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
Originally Posted by primetime23
I was on the other phone the other day with the HON Line and the agent told me it was only two people on the WL for an upgrade (without me asking), so they must have a system in place
So I guess "my" agent was just not willing (or able...) to access this information. Perhaps I should call again...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Clearly they cann tell you on which position you are! At least for LX flights, never tried for LH.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Clearly they cann tell you on which position you are! At least for LX flights, never tried for LH.
Thanks for the info. After reading you comment, I just tried again 2 minutes ago and unfortunately I got the very same answer concerning my upcoming LH flight:

The agent said she not able to inspect the WL and therefore she is not able to tell me on which position I would be...

Hmmm....

Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Lufthansa has changed the whole upgrade procedure and status is no longer important:

LH has confirmed that upgrades are now by booking class only, followed by status:

Non-member in J
FTL in C
SEN in D
HON in Z

Upgrade Listing would be:

Non-member, FTL, SEN, HON

Someone who never flew LH would get the upgrade before any status member as long as he is flying in a higher booking class. Going forward, I would not expect to see any upgrades for HON in D, Z and P as there will always be people in J and C who get upgraded first.

This is part of LH's new strategy 'Move' that intends to upsell customers to higher fare buckets. Others have taken 'move' more literally and have started shifting their tickets to other carriers...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Their new upgrade procedure is surely great for the corporate multinational client who flies C class with a whopping rebate at year end and terrible for SME companies ("Mittelstand") on lowest fare bucket Business class.

I guess any poor soul paying for full fare J deserves to get a seat in F he has already been charged an euqivilant fare for First.

I think LH should have gone all the way and simply abolished their miles & more status program.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Cheapest LH to SFO versus prices from FRA
Z-class from BUD 1460 EUR vs 2964 EUR
D-class from MAD 2724 EUR vs 5084 EUR
C-class from MIL 3659 EUR vs 5980 EUR
J-class from MIL 5123 EUR vs 6480 EUR
A-class from STO 6417 EUR vs 10930 EUR (F-class)

So this new ordering of upgrades will make some people quite happy. I know I would happily fly on C-class to MIL if that put me almost on top of the upgrade ladder and give me 200% miles.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by SMK77
Lufthansa has changed the whole upgrade procedure and status is no longer important:

LH has confirmed that upgrades are now by booking class only, followed by status:

Non-member in J
FTL in C
SEN in D
HON in Z

Upgrade Listing would be:

Non-member, FTL, SEN, HON

Someone who never flew LH would get the upgrade before any status member as long as he is flying in a higher booking class. Going forward, I would not expect to see any upgrades for HON in D, Z and P as there will always be people in J and C who get upgraded first.

This is part of LH's new strategy 'Move' that intends to upsell customers to higher fare buckets. Others have taken 'move' more literally and have started shifting their tickets to other carriers...
Where did you get that info? If true it is contradicting what is written in the M&M program description, HON's get Highest priority, SEN's second highest and FTL's third highest.

Called HON circle line yesterday and asked the question "Who has the higher priority on WL? A HON with an award booking in business class WL'ed for first class or any other pax with a full fare ticket in C WL'ed for first class upgrade with miles or vouchers?"
The answer was "HON's are on the top of the WL no matter if paid or award ticket".

One can believe it or not, but seems to be the official answer from LH.

My past experiences are not supporting totally this statement.

WL'ed on a business award for first class award, WL did not clear despite 6 free seats in F at check-in. Had to argument for more than 2 hours at check-in desk to finally get the first class award. While arguing with LH at check-in 2 guys obtained an upgrade with miles at check-in.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
Where did you get that info? If true it is contradicting what is written in the M&M program description, HON's get Highest priority, SEN's second highest and FTL's third highest.

Called HON circle line yesterday and asked the question "Who has the higher priority on WL? A HON with an award booking in business class WL'ed for first class or any other pax with a full fare ticket in C WL'ed for first class upgrade with miles or vouchers?"
The answer was "HON's are on the top of the WL no matter if paid or award ticket".
Waitlist is different from grading list. I was talking about the grading list that determines who gets an op-up if necessary. HON won't be on the top of the list if they are in a lower booking class then others.

I would assume that even for the waitlist they would now rather clear a non-status pax in J then a HON in C... But I have no confirmation on this one.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
It is not true.
I had W-class economy ticket and got the only upgrade last week 29.March as the SEN+ on that specific flight. Flight originiated from FRA. I am very sure, there was also on board passengers with more expensive booking class. Asked the same question also from our local LH office and they confirmed, that the operational upgrades are going always by importance HON->SEN+->SEN->FTL/*G->higher booking class.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Raul_R
It is not true.
I had W-class economy ticket and got the only upgrade last week 29.March as the SEN+ on that specific flight. Flight originiated from FRA. I am very sure, there was also on board passengers with more expensive booking class. Asked the same question also from our local LH office and they confirmed, that the operational upgrades are going always by importance HON->SEN+->SEN->FTL/*G->higher booking class.
Sorry to say, it's exactly as SMK77 posted in post #9.
The system has been changed.

Your local sales office gave you a load of BS to keep you feeling warm and fuzzy.

Last edited by Rambuster; Apr 7, 2012 at 11:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.