Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded on a UA mileage ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
Upgraded on a UA mileage ticket

A while back, I flew FRA-LAX as a 1k with an economy ticket using miles and at the gate, was handed a C class seat. Am guessing this was an op up, but didn't check the loads prior, so don't know for sure. Would imagine there were plenty of others who either paid for a seat or had equal status - I didn't think LH differentiates between 1k and 1p, since they're both *G.

I was given a C seat on another flight, JFK-MUC in 2008. This was on a mileage run, so didn't pay much for this ticket.

More recently, I volunteered to get bumped off a UA flight ORD-FRA and was told by the gate agent that they would match my upgraded C seat to the later LH flight. The LH agent however said she could not offer it as the fare I paid would not be acceptable for a C seat.

Seems strange to me, anyone else? I'm not complaining, though I have never been op up'd on a UA flight, despite having flown over a million miles with UA.

Would be great to better understand LH's rules so I might be able to figure out how to better my chances for free upgrades.

Any ideas?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
I think you were just incredibly lucky. I've flown LH many times as a LH FQT and Sen, and as a UA 1P and 1K, but only received an operational upgrade once (I was FQT at the time, I think).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.