Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is CO/UA's regional Germany airport attack (EWR-STR/TXL/HAM)!?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles
Talking How is CO/UA's regional Germany airport attack (EWR-STR/TXL/HAM)!?

We all know CO/UA/DLH's wide-bodies from EWR-FRA/MUC/DUS.

But I was wondering if anyone here felt cramped SINGLE-AISLE trans-Atlantic secondary Germany/Deutscheland markets from New York/Newark (EWR) of CO/UA in coopration with DLH (Lufthansa!?).

Has anyone here ridden on CO/UA's new 100% AVOD SINGLE AISLE and businessElite secondary German market EWR-STR/TXL/HAM planes!?

EWR-STR non-stop was launched only ~2 months ago.

I guess this CO/UA/DLH strategy of using efficient single-aisle planes that can cross the Atlantic (757-200WL) can do faster end destinations for those German passengers in which Lufthansa wants to offload from their bigger hubs (FRA/MUC/DUS to an extent) allowing direct routing from New York EWR to secondary German cities. (And use those seats for connections to those OUTSIDE of Germany)...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Well I guess with Irene people are being routed onto SINGLE-AISLE CO/UA trans-atlantic direct because the wide-bodies to the bigger hubs (FRA/MUC/DUS) need to be with people who are transiting OUTSIDE of Germany.

People ending their destination IN GERMANY I guess are sheep for trans-atlantic 757.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

I think I will live after 8,5 hours on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tU0m-r_iKg

HEY NO FRA transit!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

EWR-STR cancelled today & tomorrow by CO/UA/LH!

I guess everyone is getting the HELL out of NYC!

Continental Flight 152
Check flight status for United Flight 152 from New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) to Stuttgart, Germany (STR)
DEPARTS
ARRIVES
City: New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)
Gate:
Check-in Terminal:
Scheduled Time: 5:50 p.m.
Scheduled Date: Mon., Aug. 29, 2011
Estimated Time: 5:50 p.m.
Estimated Date: Mon., Aug. 29, 2011
City: Stuttgart, Germany (STR)
Gate:
Terminal:
Scheduled Time: 8:00 a.m.
Scheduled Date: Tue., Aug. 30, 2011
Estimated Time: 8:00 a.m.
Estimated Date: Tue., Aug. 30, 2011

Aircraft: Boeing 757-200 aircraft #103
Where is this aircraft coming from? Barcelona, Spain (BCN), Flight 121 Check Status
Weather conditions: EWR, STR
Information for the Traveler

Inflight Amenities
Flight Standby List
Upgrade Standby List
Seat Map

Flight Standby List:
BusinessFirst: Full |
Economy Class: Full
Customers Cleared with Seat Assignments No Standby Customers

Stand-by on EWR-STR is 100% full on CO/UA/LH!

I hope everyone got to their final destinations!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by willzzz88
I guess this CO/UA/DLH strategy of using efficient single-aisle planes that can cross the Atlantic (757-200WL) can do faster end destinations for those German passengers in which Lufthansa wants to offload from their bigger hubs (FRA/MUC/DUS to an extent) allowing direct routing from New York EWR to secondary German cities. (And use those seats for connections to those OUTSIDE of Germany)...
Since UA/CO and LH revenue share all TATL flights it really doesn't matter... LH prefers widebodies flying from MUC/FRA the 17-18 destinations in N. America to be filled with transit pax from the middle east, India and eastern europe to earn money on a consistent basis.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Interesting business/profit analysis.

So LH and UA/CO uses CO/UA's expertise of using single-aisle 757-200WL to secondary German markets and specifically Americas >--< Regional Germany (STR/TXL/HAM) because the 757-200WL according to CO/UA/LH makes profit flying single aisle to these destinations (High end American/German business VERY TIME SENSITIVE, no FRA/MUC time sensitive bull-....).

This is similar to DLH widebodies from DUS-EWR/ORD/YYZ and transit to North America and possible other Americas (Latin/South America) via *A.

FRA/MUC allows intercontinental (not just Europe/North America and Latin/South America to an extent) transits which possibly are higher revenue but requires bigger planes and what-not...

Oh and true F and C.

Interesting they are separating the regional Germany/Europe to an extent profit sharing and true inter-continental from outside of regional Germany/Europe.

I guess they are separating the German-American and German market from the inter-continental market.

Old Aug 27, 2011, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
In C you're getting a lie-flat (something you won't be getting on LH for quite some time).

In Y... well, I've flown LH Y longhaul. I won't be doing it again if I can avoid it (DL longhaul Y on an A333 to FRA was much nicer). I can't imagine CO Y (soon to be UA Y) is much worse than LH Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.