Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Assuming you won't be late and it's all on one ticket, you'll be fine. Don't waste time looking at the shops.
Not sure if Aeroplan reward is considered one ticket or not...
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:54 am

Is it all on one PNR? It's irrelevant whether you paid for it with money or miles. Make sure your luggage is checked through to JFK.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:58 am

Is it all on one PNR? It's irrelevant whether you paid for it with money or miles. Make sure your luggage is checked through to JFK.
I don't know... I assume it would be if it's booked on one award ticket. I've not actually booked this yet, just considering...
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:11 pm

One award ticket will do just fine
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
OK. So looking at booking one ticket (UA award) incoming on Brussels Airlines connecting to LOT (going to WAW). Connection time is 50 minutes which appears legal.

Is this going to be a recipe for disaster? Need to go through passport control? *answered my own question on this part, Belgium and Poland are both Schengen, so need to go thru passport @ BRU.

Last edited by Cargojon; Feb 27, 2015 at 7:23 pm
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:31 pm

What are the two flights exactly? If it is indeed a Schengen-Schengen connection, 50 minutes in BRU are sufficient.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Adding my question here...is the Connector that is set to replace the tunnel between A and B already open (it was supposed to open in "early 2015"), and if so, does this have any positive impact on connection times at BRU?

I am currently booked ARN-BRU-IAD-LAS with a very long layover in IAD, so I consider switching this to ARN-BRU-ORD-LAS getting me into LAS a lot earlier, however stripping the connection-time in BRU down to 45 minutes. Knowing that the I/I connection-time previously was 50 minutes, will the Connector reduces that so this connection will become legal, and if so, will the connector be open later this month when this trip is scheduled?

Thanks for any insight!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:43 am

AFAIK the connector is not open yet.

45 minutes for a Schengen/Non-Schengen connection seems very very tight, if your ARN-BRU arrives on the apron you are not going to be at the terminal before boarding starts.

I wouldn't do it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: LH FTL
I have a 55min connection from 9w to LH (del-bru-muc)...reading the replies here it seems I will surely miss the connection as I am also with two kids.....who will rebook me to muc ? Lufthansa or jet airways ?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oxymoron
I have a 55min connection from 9w to LH (del-bru-muc)...reading the replies here it seems I will surely miss the connection as I am also with two kids.....who will rebook me to muc ? Lufthansa or jet airways ?
Hi Oxymoron,

You will get your connection - it really is not that bad at BRU... Just make sure you don't waste time getting to the toilets, buying perfume, eating chocolates, visiting a lounge, calling your mother, looking at the raindrops,...

Cheers,
Jan
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I have a 75 minute connection coming from TLV and going to JFK. Arriving on Brussels Airlines, departing on UA. Should I be ok?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:05 pm

Yes. You will possibly have to go through security again but no passport control. You will have plenty of time.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
"The Connector" will open next Thursday 26th of March 2015. Should cut the time necessary for connecting Shengen/Non-Schengen bit, due to the slightly shorter route (no longer using the tunnel so not necessary to go 2 floors down then 2 floors up) and due to the much bigger security screening for Schengen flights.
The shops/bars will not be open yet and the security screening for Schengen flights will remain the same for the time being. So Non-Schengen -> Schengen should be faster than the other way around.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
AFAIK the connector is not open yet.

45 minutes for a Schengen/Non-Schengen connection seems very very tight, if your ARN-BRU arrives on the apron you are not going to be at the terminal before boarding starts.

I wouldn't do it.
FWIW...we would have easily made the connection to the earlier flight with SK arriving about five minutes early. United was also willing to rebook us until they noticed we had checked bags - these were the dealbreaker.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I arrived in BRU on 3/20 around 8:30 am and it took about 35 minutes to go through passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.