Search

Economy Comparison (SFO-SOF) : LH v LX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Economy Comparison (SFO-SOF) : LH v LX

Hello,

I have an upcoming business trip to Sofia from SFO. I can only fly Y - so the question is - is it better to take the new LH A380 service via FRA or LX economy? Pros and cons for both in terms of seat comfort, IFE, service etc is much appreciated.

Regards!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Others will comment but I think that any long haul in the A380 in Y is better then any other plane in Y no matter what. Singapore Y is nice but still the new quiet and comfort of the A380 is the best. I stopped using my noise cancelling earphones on the 380 since it's so quiet. Your connection flight however will seem strangely loud after that flight.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:24 pm

And here is one other comment

I dont have experience with the 380 yet, so far only the 330/340s LH and LX send TATL. Servicewise, LX is superior, also I think the LX 340 seats (340s on that route) are more comfortable as the headrest is formed nicely - the one on the LH 380 seems awefully flat. That said, havenīt actually used it. From experience, ZRH is a much more pleasant airport to connect than FRA.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by hwmorth
And here is one other comment

I dont have experience with the 380 yet, so far only the 330/340s LH and LX send TATL. Servicewise, LX is superior, also I think the LX 340 seats (340s on that route) are more comfortable as the headrest is formed nicely - the one on the LH 380 seems awefully flat. That said, havenīt actually used it. From experience, ZRH is a much more pleasant airport to connect than FRA.
Thanks! What about IFE? Are they about the same in terms of choice?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by kaushik123
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Inflight-Entertainment
Vs.
http://www.swiss.com/web/en/services...rtainment.aspx
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:49 am

I donīt spend too much time with the IFE (1 or 2 movies usually) but to me they seem comparable. Control is slightly different as with LX, they have a remote in the armrest additional to the touchscreen whereas LH has only touchscreen controls. So LX might save you some punching and pushing of your seat in case the person behind you is not as tech-savvy. I think LX may also have some games and a phone but not sure about that.

My, personal, advice is to take LX, except beer on board is important to you, in which case LH is way better
Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You can compare the IFE programmes on LH and LX yourself.

http://www.lufthansa-inflightenterta...ital_video.php
http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...rtainment.aspx
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:04 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I would recomment LX as well. Service is indeed slightly better, you get a little swiss chocolate as well and I find the seats on the new A340 from LX more comfortable.

Connection wise, I also find ZRH to be easier than FRA. It's smaller, less complicated than running around in FRA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.