Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-FRA-EWR Connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
LHR-FRA-EWR Connection

I'm looking for any FRA tips specific to this connection. It's not a route I fly often so looking for any tips from regulars about this specific transfer. I know and have read all the general FRA connection info.

Inbound on LH907 from LHR landing at 16:25 somewhere around B22. Connecting on LH484 to EWR at 17:30 somewhere around A60.

Yes I know it's crazy tight but I have to try and if I miss it I will go next morning but I want to get home so I'm going for it!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Why not take any of the late CO nonstops out of LHR?

Generally, if inbound is on time, you should be fine. This connection doesn't leave a whole lot room for issues.

Good luck.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Is it all on one PNR ?
MCT seems to be ok for FRA (LH-LH).
LHR flights do end up at apron positions, even though LH keeps claiming repeatedly that all LHR will arrive at gate positions.

Anyway, it will be a good workout for you to get from B to A in time.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Why not take any of the late CO nonstops out of LHR?

Generally, if inbound is on time, you should be fine. This connection doesn't leave a whole lot room for issues.

Good luck.
CO is full and I'm waitlisted (Fri night.....)

Doesn't leave ANY room for issues
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by duncfly
CO is full and I'm waitlisted (Fri night.....)

Doesn't leave ANY room for issues
And it has to be Jersey ?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Is it all on one PNR ?
MCT seems to be ok for FRA (LH-LH).
LHR flights do end up at apron positions, even though LH keeps claiming repeatedly that all LHR will arrive at gate positions.

Anyway, it will be a good workout for you to get from B to A in time.
NOT on the same PNR - I like to keep it interesting

I will be doing FRA-LHR on the same day too, so will collect all 3 BPs in the morning and ask them to add comments ( not sure it will help, but......)

I'm hoping for a gate arrival in the evening....
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be doing FRA-LHR on the same day too, so will collect all 3 BPs in the morning and ask them to add comments ( not sure it will help, but......)

I hope you are on a flexible fare FRA-EWR ... otherwise you are royally screwed ...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I hope you are on a flexible fare FRA-EWR ... otherwise you are royally screwed ...
Yep it's flex. I'm expecting to miss it but it's the difference between a whole weekend at home or half a weekend so I have to go for it!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

Oh dear! That doesn't sound good.

Looking at the last few days LH907 seems to have departed late and arrived in FRA approx. 20 mins late. It arrived at B22 yesterday and today but according to lh.com it looks like a bus gate arrival tomorrow. (Of course they often change at the last minute.)

Whether it arrives at a B gate or a bus gate, the route to A non-Schengen gates will be via the SkyLine train. If you arrive from the UK you are not supposed to need further security check but I don't think there's anyway to avoid it.

Good luck!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:39 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yep it's flex. I'm expecting to miss it but it's the difference between a whole weekend at home or half a weekend so I have to go for it!
That's not so bad then.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about BA ? They have plenty of flights to the New York area from LHR.
If I had the choice of an entire weekend at home or half a weekend, choice of alliance, miles or anything else would be totally secondary.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

What about BA ? They have plenty of flights to the New York area from LHR.
If I had the choice of an entire weekend at home or half a weekend, choice of alliance, miles or anything else would be totally secondary.
100% agree - this is all about getting home but company travel policy looms large and BA does not feature. Hopefully the CO option will clear from LHR.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

100% agree - this is all about getting home but company travel policy looms large and BA does not feature. Hopefully the CO option will clear from LHR.
oh dear. Shame about BA as they have quite nice premium products. However, ex-LHR their pricing will most likely be sky high if you don't have a corporate deal.

Good luck on the CO option.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Couple of data points for you

1) The UK schools break up this weekend for a week, so that'll be why the flights are so busy.

2) Friday afternoon departures out of LHR aren't great at the best of times - you might be leaving early enough but if that heavy band of rain sweeps in faster than expected then you'll probably still be at LHR when the FRA-EWR flight leaves.

If it does go wrong, do bear in mind that CO has a bunch of departures from across the UK at 9am on the Saturday morning as well.

I aslo see AC has seats on a 2.30pm departure to YUL from LHR on Friday - any use?

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Feb 16, 2011 at 10:53 am
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Just looking at *A.com, you might be able to get away with Air Canada via Montreal (if your corporate plan allows it), it leaves LHR 30 minutes after the LH Flight (at 2:25pm), gives you 1 hour 50 to make the Connection (and pre clear US Customs) and even gets into EWR 10 minutes earlier than Lufthansa (at 8:10pm) - Only drawback is it's a Jazz CRJ on YUL-EWR.

Seats are available for this Week (but are $4443 one way in C).

edit: Also, UA have a 4:20 pm LHR-IAD with 1 C Seat left, and availability on the 10:10pm IAD-EWR, which would be 2 and a half hours layover in Washington.

Last edited by matt in france; Feb 16, 2011 at 11:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.