Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A small surrprise. MAN-MUC Y serving a hot snack!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Smile A small surrprise. MAN-MUC Y serving a hot snack!

I was a little surprised to get a hot snack, tomato and cheese pastry from MAN to MUC by LH 2501 Y class.

It was a lunch time flight but as I remembered I always got s tiny sandwich with a chocolate bar before.

Is this a new idea from LH recently?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by bearteacher
Not really.

Departing Flights
Search Departing MAN on 16/12/10 0:00 for MUC

0 Connections
SQ 327 0

MAN
16/12/10 8:40

MUC
16/12/10 11:40 77W
F4 P4 A3 Z0 C4 J4 D4 S0 Y9 B9 E9 M9 W9 H9 Q9 N9 V9 T0 L9 K8
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I was a little surprised to get a hot snack, tomato and cheese pastry from MAN to MUC by LH 2501 Y class.

It was a lunch time flight but as I remembered I always got s tiny sandwich with a chocolate bar before.

I've been a regular on this route for the last two years, and it always has been the sandwich/chocolate approach. Size/selection of sandwich varied with time of day.

My parents reported the same pastry on OSL-MUC evening flight last week, so maybe they are improving service...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by larsll
My parents reported the same pastry on OSL-MUC evening flight last week, so maybe they are improving service...
Of course they are, the entire M&M forum has been discussing the NEK concept for months. Plus, it's a competitive route served by several carriers, even exotic SQ.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:30 pm

Out of interest, what food do SQ serve on MUC-MAN?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

Wow! It must be part of the NEK concept though the block time for MAN-MUC is 1 hr 55 mins, i.e. under 120 mins.

I wonder if they serve the same on MAN-FRA which is a little shorter? Last time I flew the route I had one of the worst LH sandwiches I can remember.

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Plus, it's a competitive route served by several carriers, even exotic SQ.
In exotic F for a cool £987.30. @:-)
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Of course they are, the entire M&M forum has been discussing the NEK concept for months. Plus, it's a competitive route served by several carriers, even exotic SQ.
Hmm, yes, I have been avoiding that flame war for a while already. Just saw that oliver2002 even posted some pictures of the new food.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Well, don't complain... before EZY started flying the route you ended up paying close to that for an LH M fare.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Wow! It must be part of the NEK concept though the block time for MAN-MUC is 1 hr 55 mins, i.e. under 120 mins.

I wonder if they serve the same on MAN-FRA which is a little shorter? Last time I flew the route I had one of the worst LH sandwiches I can remember.

But MUC-MAN is blocked at 2hrs 10mins and MUC-BHX at 2hrs 5mins.

So if the usual holds true, you'll get a hot snack and we'll get half a manky cheese sandwich. The choc bar seems to be an LHR and MAN thing.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by larsll
Well, don't complain... before EZY started flying the route you ended up paying close to that for an LH M fare.
Then I'll have to thank EZY for a fare like this I had earlier this year. I had a £35 discount voucher so the fare was actually zero and I only paid YQ and taxes.

And I was upgraded to C on the outbound.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by iainbhx
But MUC-MAN is blocked at 2hrs 10mins and MUC-BHX at 2hrs 5mins.

So if the usual holds true, you'll get a hot snack and we'll get half a manky cheese sandwich. The choc bar seems to be an LHR and MAN thing.
According to LHPII:

Module B: from 61min. to 120min.
- Cold snack 3 variations according to day time(salads, fruit salads, wraps...)
- beverage service

Module C: from 121min. to 150min.
- Cold snack(outbound)/hot snack(inbound) fresh products
- beverage service
MAN-MUC is blocked at 1 hr 55 mins so Module B, while MUC-MAN is 2 hrs 10 mins so Module C. But since it's outbound you just get a cold snack.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton

Good to hear this, though I wish it was the same on MAN-FRA

According to this Airliners.net Trip report SQ serve a full meal in Y
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Good to hear this, though I wish it was the same on MAN-FRA

According to this Airliners.net Trip report SQ serve a full meal in Y
Haha... not my idea of a full meal though definitely better than a recent "meat" sandwich on MAN-FRA.

Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Haha... not my idea of a full meal
Yes, perhaps I was a little enthusiastic in calling it a 'full meal'
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Yes, perhaps I was a little enthusiastic in calling it a 'full meal'
You'll have to fly in C and F more often!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.