Wiki Posts
Search

YVR lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH M&M Pleb, VS FC Pleb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Pleb
YVR lounges

Is it true that there's no lounge for C pax at YVR? I've no status, just a run-of-the-mill C pax heading for FRA on LH metal.

Are they assuming that all C pax are status-holders?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
LH pax can use Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges.

Should have Plat Amex or Priority Pass, you can use another lounge that is not affiliated with any airline.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: LH HON
If you are on LH493 with a C Ticket you can use the AC Maple Leaf Lounge.

However be aware, these days that lounge is pretty packed before that flight. Last time I just grabbed a drink in the lounge and took a seat at the gate.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Low
Is it true that there's no lounge for C pax at YVR? I've no status, just a run-of-the-mill C pax heading for FRA on LH metal.

Are they assuming that all C pax are status-holders?
As others have said, youŽll have access to the AC MLL.

While it can be crowded at times, the offerings are better than most LH business lounges:

in addition to free booze, soft drinks etc. the MLL usually offers a small salad buffet, two different kinds of soup and some sort of pasta/Asian noodles.

Recently spent 10h in that lounge and IŽm still alive.

Anyway YVR is one of the nicest NA airports IMO, IŽd recommend taking a stroll through the airport.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Anyway YVR is one of the nicest NA airports IMO, IŽd recommend taking a stroll through the airport.
Yes, go see the aquarium tank, the running stream, and even the nice food court outlets around the terminal ! Take your time to see some of the First Nations art work throughout the terminal building... and then camp out at the Tim Horton's doughnut stand! It's much better than the stuffy old cramped AC Maple Leaf lounge!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes, go see the aquarium tank, the running stream, and even the nice food court outlets around the terminal ! Take your time to see some of the First Nations art work throughout the terminal building... and then camp out at the Tim Horton's doughnut stand! It's much better than the stuffy old cramped AC Maple Leaf lounge!
Milestones is nice to have a bite at as well- and remember that the internet is free throughout YVR. Also- at the time of day that the FRA flight departs there is typically very little traffic at security checkpoints- meaning that if you arrive an hour/75 minutes before your flight you have plenty of time to check in, grab something quick to eat, and get on the plane. I would skip the MLL as it is usually very crowded (I could not find a seat last time I was there and so just went to the terminal).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.