The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: LH

LX Y intra EU
oliver2002 and nini_su like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I still have the Corny bar I got on my trip to Cyprus in December, so it's authentic. Now I just need to find a plastic cup to put some water in and we're all set!

On the topic of hair, I haven't been in over three months now, as I tend to have them cut when visiting my parents. Normally every two months or so, but it looks like it will take more like 6 months now. Can't even look for local alternatives, they were shut on Monday.
Luckily, WFH and no video.

I do shave when I go out though - so the respirator fits in case I need it.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Don't bother, the respirator/ventilator goes thru a pipe in your mouth/throat...

The FFP3 or N95 facemask needs a clean shave.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Don't bother, the respirator/ventilator goes thru a pipe in your mouth/throat...

The FFP3 or N95 facemask needs a clean shave.
Yep, I meant FFP2 class respirator / face mask.

If I needed a ventilator machine, I guess the hospital would do whatever it needs to do to my body hair.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just before the shutdown her in Munich I was thinking about going to get a haircut but was to cheap to go early. Now I can't go and we are definitely beyond the point of managable... also I stopped shaving since I'm home and want to grow a corona beard. My wife suggested I shave asap...

Luckily our company has asked to switch off video to conserve bandwidth...
So you're going to be looking like an ISIS fighter at the end of this?
whiskey_sk likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

starflyergold took the challenge seriously:

Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:36 pm

I hope LH closes their M&M accounts because of stealing

Obviously didn't meant seriously..
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has been a time for many of us to clear the cupboards out, which is never an easy process. As well as finding a pile of very interesting timetables from the 1990s and early 2000s, I also went through all of my paper credit card statements up to 2011. A couple of gems stand out, from 2002, although the examples mentioned belong to the STC Swiss TravelClub at the time.

I booked a trip to Hong Kong over Christmas 2002, which cost for GVA-ZRH-HKG and back CHF1,742.50, a price I thought was correct at the time (booking class H). I took my mother with me on a companion ticket, which anybody could use in STC at the time. On those companion tickets, the companion only had to accompany you in one direction, so she could remain in Hong Kong for family for as long as she needed afterwards. The cost was 60,000 miles and CHF65.50 taxes, really amazing deal at a time when these miles actually had a lot of value in Economy class.

Another trip dates from early 2001, where the routing for a paid ticket for myself was GVA-ZRH-HAM-BSL-GVA which cost CHF414. Again, my mother accompanied me on miles on the same flight, and I recall it being some tiny nominal amount of miles according to the many offers they put out at the time. Taxes were CHF92.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:38 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
This has been a time for many of us to clear the cupboards out, which is never an easy process. As well as finding a pile of very interesting timetables from the 1990s and early 2000s, ...
Since you mentioned clearing out our cupboards... Today I found something in mine. Does anybody know from which year is it? Any restaurant that still operates today?

Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:49 am

Considering Germany only consists of West Germany incl West Berlin, and the USSR exists, I'd wage a guess that's pre-1990 for sure

Funny to read such a list, when a Asian restaurant - or a Vegetarian one - was still considered something special
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:25 am

The second chinese place in Munich is still there, the rest is all gone.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:29 am

A year ago I bought this cook book for 2 or 3 € from Amazon:
Amazon Amazon

Its a cook book written in the mid 1960s by the head chef of Lufthansa littered with anecdotes from the times LH operated all over world in Connies.
N1003U likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was actually in that "Hong Kong" restaurant in Mariahilfstrasse in Vienna, about 13 years ago, and it was damn good. One of the few outside Hong Kong, New York and London that was truly authentic. It was a Japanese friend who took me there!
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:53 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
The second chinese place in Munich is still there, the rest is all gone.
Trader Vics is also still around...

https://www.bayerischerhof.de/en/fun...ader-vics.html
N1003U likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Some avgeeks in New Zealand were very excited to see two LH 744s parked at Christchurch Airport next to an Air New Zealand 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.