...another Lounge access thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More;
...another Lounge access thread

Hi,

could not find the answer myself but maybe somebody can help me:

I am flying MUC-FRA in Y - and on the same Day FRA-NKG in F (on a separate Ticket)
I guess in FRA i can use every Lounge i want with the F-Ticket,
but what about MUC? Is there any Lounge i can use? (No Status with StarAlliance)

And how about guests? My Father is Flying MUC-HAM the same day (LH-Y, no status) Any Change i can take him as a guest with me into a Lounge?

Thanks for your help
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I assume you will check in for both of your flights in Munich, so you will hold a F boarding pass in your hand.

This will give YOU access to the First Class Lounge. If I am not mistaken, you will not be allowed to bring your father who is on a different flight.

You are allowed however to bring him into the Senator lounge as your guest.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More;
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I assume you will check in for both of your flights in Munich, so you will hold a F boarding pass in your hand.

This will give YOU access to the First Class Lounge. If I am not mistaken, you will not be allowed to bring your father who is on a different flight.

You are allowed however to bring him into the Senator lounge as your guest.
Thanks,
finally a reason to visit the Senator Lounge! (have only been to the First and the Business Lounge so far)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And if you check in at the MUC curbside with F in your trip, you can leave your rental car there and the valet agent will return it for you ^
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P SPG Gold
I figured I should ask here insteaf of starting a new thread

I have a 13 hours Layover IAD-FRA-CAI where the second leg is LH F, I'm assuming that's a typical FCL access.

Now I have an overnight CAI-FRA-IAD where the first is LH F and the second is UA F, do I have FCL with a UA F outbound? or with my LH F inbound?

Is there a cheap overnight hotel in FRA?

THANKS
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DCPoorGuy
I have a 13 hours Layover IAD-FRA-CAI where the second leg is LH F, I'm assuming that's a typical FCL access.
13 hours is far too long to spend in a lounge. Is it 13 hours during the day?

Now I have an overnight CAI-FRA-IAD where the first is LH F and the second is UA F, do I have FCL with a UA F outbound? or with my LH F inbound?
Your inbound LH F BP should get you into the FCL but not your UA F outbound BP. The latter should get you into a SEN lounge.

Is there a cheap overnight hotel in FRA?
Flying in F and looking for a cheap hotel?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
13 hours is far too long to spend in a lounge. Is it 13 hours during the day?

-yes

Your inbound LH F BP should get you into the FCL but not your UA F outbound BP. The latter should get you into a SEN lounge.

- even if it is just a short haul international, not a long haul?

Flying in F and looking for a cheap hotel?
-Yes (award)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

- even if it is just a short haul international, not a long haul?
LH F is LH F whatever the distance. To access the FCL you must have the same day F BP on LH metal.

-Yes (award)
Thought it might be.

I suggest you check the Germany forum for what to do during your long layover and a cheap overnight hotel.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 20, 2010 at 12:02 pm
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:36 am

Hi,

I'm flying LHR to FRA in LH Y and then FRA to PEK in LH C later on the same day.

They are ticketed on different PNRs.

Can I get my boarding pass for the second segment in LHR and tag bags through to PEK? If not, when is the earliest I can check bags in at FRA for a later flight?

I am doing the same on the return journey, can I access the C lounge at FRA on my return journey with my boarding pass from the first segment (given the LHR leg will be in Y).

Thanks for your advice.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by dave_d04
I'm flying LHR to FRA in LH Y and then FRA to PEK in LH C later on the same day.

They are ticketed on different PNRs.

Can I get my boarding pass for the second segment in LHR and tag bags through to PEK? If not, when is the earliest I can check bags in at FRA for a later flight?
Why don't you check-in online and print both BPs? You should be able to have your bags checked through to PEK.

I am doing the same on the return journey, can I access the C lounge at FRA on my return journey with my boarding pass from the first segment (given the LHR leg will be in Y).
I thought you could but lounge access rules on this page suggest you need a BP for same-day departure on *A to access the C lounge. It's a pity the Welcome Lounge is closed by the time you arrive in FRA. I think the opening hours of the Welcome Lounge discriminate against arrivals from Asia.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
It's a pity the Welcome Lounge is closed by the time you arrive in FRA. I think the opening hours of the Welcome Lounge discriminate against arrivals from Asia.
I think the same. The only reason to go through FRA is Asia... (in my eyes)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:09 am

is there an 24 hours lounge?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:30 am

is there an 24 hours lounge?
No. You can find lounge hours here.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
No. You can find lounge hours here.
FCL A and FCL B are both listed as 7-22:30, but no times given for FCT.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
FCL A and FCL B are both listed as 7-22:30, but no times given for FCT.
A little bit of scrolling and searching won't do you any harm.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/First...r%20en#ancAbT9

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.