Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK First class lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ari
In the case of LH, there is nothing "official" per se, but you can do it on your own. In other words, I wasn't aware that LH published an "official" sleeper service like those above; no funcational difference, but I just wanted to know if this was something LH was advertizing. It appears you just eat in the lounge and tell the FA you're going to sleep. Same thing, but I wanted to know if LH was advertizing this as an "official" option or not-- it appears that they do not and that you do this on your own.
How about this?

First Class in New York

First Class Area
At New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport a modern Senator and Business Lounge with an integrated First Class Area invites you to linger. The accommodation stretches over three levels: on Level 3 Lufthansa First Class customers enjoy their stay in exclusive surroundings. Here they have the option of enjoying a delicious pre-flight dinner, so that they can relax and sleep undisturbed on evening flights. The entrance to this 1,472 square metre lounge is located behind the security control.
http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/First...mation#ancAbT5
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:25 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
That would be what I was looking for!

Thanks. ^
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
Can LX F passengers access the T-1 LH Lounge(s) @ JFK

Does anyone have experience with trying to access the T-1 LH Lounge at JFK, when travelling on a LX ticket in F. I realize that LX uses Terminal 4, and I've been to their lounge a few times. I'd really like to try the "new" LH Lounge in Terminal 1. I realize there would be the need to get past security, and so the issue exists as to whether TSA will allow a SWISS boarding pass to be used to gain access to Terminal 1, but, let's say that it happens ... will LH allow entry to LX passengers (similar to them allowing it in MUC and FRA?) I'd really rather pass the time waiting for my Swiss flight in the LH lounge than the Swiss lounge, even though this means going through security in Terminal 1 and moving back/forth from T4 to check in, then T1, for the lounge, and back again. Any thoughts, given that I'll have ample time??
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by A.d.a.m.NYC
...whether TSA will allow a SWISS boarding pass to be used to gain access to Terminal 1, but, let's say that it happens ...
not going to happen...
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by sentom
not going to happen...

Nope, no way...
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:23 am

One question: I remember that the JFK lounge once did not want to let me bring my HON companion (wifey) into the lounge, arguing it was for HON members - not family members - only. Is that still the case?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
One question: I remember that the JFK lounge once did not want to let me bring my HON companion (wifey) into the lounge, arguing it was for HON members - not family members - only. Is that still the case?
never happened to me and i was there quiet a few times!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.