Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
DKB-Cash account

Hello,

I came across following offer on M&M website:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

It seems that just open the account for free and you get 5000 miles. Further, 5000 miles for recommending friends. My question:

1. Is there any catch? Is it really free and we get 5000 miles just for opening the account?

2. How about we open the account, earn 5000 miles and then close the account?

Please share your experiences, if any. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old May 2, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
I opened one for my wife about 6 months ago and she never used it what-so-ever. She even got ec-Karte and Visa. 5K M&M Miles posted promptly. I wish I did not already have DKB account with HH Visa, because I would have her recommend me through her account...

Moral of the story, did not find any tricks so far and I recommended to her to keep it going until they close it or something... :-:
Old May 2, 2010, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sindjic
I opened one for my wife about 6 months ago and she never used it what-so-ever. She even got ec-Karte and Visa. 5K M&M Miles posted promptly. I wish I did not already have DKB account with HH Visa, because I would have her recommend me through her account...

Moral of the story, did not find any tricks so far and I recommended to her to keep it going until they close it or something... :-:
Thanks for your reply. So, it seems if I open a account for myself and recommend my wife then I get 10,000 miles for free. As well as my wife gets 5000 miles. This sounds too good to be true .

Anyone else with any other experience?
Old May 2, 2010, 7:45 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by oxymoron
Thanks for your reply. So, it seems if I open a account for myself and recommend my wife then I get 10,000 miles for free. As well as my wife gets 5000 miles. This sounds too good to be true .

Anyone else with any other experience?
I also opened a bank account and got my miles within 2 weeks. ^
Old May 3, 2010, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Hello,

2. How about we open the account, earn 5000 miles and then close the account?
Any idea if there is any problem if we close the account after getting the miles? Do they take away the miles or charge us anything?
Old May 3, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Based in France I get an accout in 3 weeks including CC and EC card. Points credited in the same timeframe.

I had to get trough the "Legitimazion" process, easy to do in each German post office. If abroad you can go to the German consulate/embassy near your living city but the "Legitimazion" will cost you 40€.

On top of the 5k M&M you get 5k DKB points. 15k DKB points can be exchanged with 1500 M&M.

If you link your German Lufthansa M&M Credit card to the DKB account you get 500 miles and more as bonus.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
Based in France I get an accout in 3 weeks including CC and EC card. Points credited in the same timeframe.

On top of the 5k M&M you get 5k DKB points. 15k DKB points can be exchanged with 1500 M&M.

If you link your German Lufthansa M&M Credit card to the DKB account you get 500 miles and more as bonus.
So, if I understand correctly, one can get a DKB acct and a German LH CC linked to it without a single euro earnt in Germany?

How does DKB verify the applicant's income then, what dox do they require?
Old May 3, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN; CX DM; DL PM; Hyatt GL
The German DKB CC deal is not bad anyway. Decent interest (for positive balance) and no charges for ATM withdrawal worldwide!
I got it while still a student some years ago and they probably just did a basic SCHUFA check and didn't require any additional documentation of income, etc.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Vivid
So, if I understand correctly, one can get a DKB acct and a German LH CC linked to it without a single euro earnt in Germany?

How does DKB verify the applicant's income then, what dox do they require?
Yes you are right, you can get a DKB account while living abroad (at least while leaving in one of the European Union member states - not only Euro states).

You will then receive a bank account in euro and an international VISA. Visa will work only on a prepaid basis. You trasfer money from your DKB account to the VISA card in real time and then you can use the Visa CC only for the amount you charged on it.

Documents required are: picture ID, legitimazion document ( a document signed by a notary or a German employee on the German Embassy that states that the picture ID belongs really to you -cost 40€- ; if you are in Germany you can go to any Deutsche Post office -free of charge-), copy of you last utility bill with the adress where you wants to receive the opening docs, copy of the last revenue sheet.

They are no costs for the DKB account

The VISA you get with the DKB account is NOT the M&M German Mastercard card.

However you can apply for the German M&M German Mastercard card following the same rules above (M&M German Mastercard card is issued by DKB but by another office so no possible to link both). The M&M German Mastercard will work on a prepaid basis. Before applying for the M&M German Mastercard you must have a German based bank Account.

M&M German Mastercard cost vary (it is quite expensive as the entry level costs 65€ per year - free if you are Senator)

I notice that there is an offer for opening the DKB account and the M&M German Mastercard at the same time but you will get less miles than opening each one by one.

For more info about DKB: http://www.dkb.de/privatkunden/dkb_c...FFIC_SEM_WW206

Only issue: you need to speak and read German. No english documents are provided (clearly in Germany you need to sign contracts in German!!)
Old May 4, 2010, 3:15 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC

M&M German Mastercard cost vary (it is quite expensive as the entry level costs 65€ per year - free if you are Senator)
The cheapest one is 55 Euro for Blue members that don't want the business package. Usually, first year fee is waived (there are promos all the time) For FTL it is 62 Euro incl. Business Package.

All prices for Germany only.
Old May 5, 2010, 11:17 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I got a new email for additional 500 award miles (sorry, German only):

Sehr geehrter Herr szg,

als Partner von Miles & More freuen wir uns, Ihnen heute ein weiteres Angebot für das Sammeln zusätzlicher Prämienmeilen mit dem DKB-Cash unterbreiten zu können.

Lassen Sie die Abrechnung Ihrer Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card zukünftig von Ihrem DKB-Cash abbuchen, und wir füllen Ihr Meilenkonto mit 500 Prämienmeilen von Miles & More.

Und so einfach funktioniert es: Rufen Sie über das Internet-Banking der DKB Ihr Kartenkonto auf. Innerhalb des Kartenkontos der Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card können Sie über den Button "meine persönlichen Daten" auch Ihre Bankverbindung ändern. Nach vier bis sechs Wochen werden Ihnen die Meilen auf Ihrem Meilenkonto gutgeschrieben.
Old May 5, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, LH M&M, BA Executive, FI Saga Club
This sound very interesting to me. Now that even the Berliner Volksbank is charging me fees for my Euro stach, paying a one-time 40€ fee to get cleared of the 5€ monthly fees sound very interesting.

However, I'd pass my turn on the MM MasterCard from Germany: the American one is cheaper.

Yes you are right, you can get a DKB account while living abroad (at least while leaving in one of the European Union member states - not only Euro states).

You will then receive a bank account in euro and an international VISA. Visa will work only on a prepaid basis. You trasfer money from your DKB account to the VISA card in real time and then you can use the Visa CC only for the amount you charged on it.

Documents required are: picture ID, legitimazion document ( a document signed by a notary or a German employee on the German Embassy that states that the picture ID belongs really to you -cost 40€- ; if you are in Germany you can go to any Deutsche Post office -free of charge-), copy of you last utility bill with the adress where you wants to receive the opening docs, copy of the last revenue sheet.

They are no costs for the DKB account

The VISA you get with the DKB account is NOT the M&M German Mastercard card.

However you can apply for the German M&M German Mastercard card following the same rules above (M&M German Mastercard card is issued by DKB but by another office so no possible to link both). The M&M German Mastercard will work on a prepaid basis. Before applying for the M&M German Mastercard you must have a German based bank Account.

I notice that there is an offer for opening the DKB account and the M&M German Mastercard at the same time but you will get less miles than opening each one by one.

For more info about DKB: http://www.dkb.de/privatkunden/dkb_c...FFIC_SEM_WW206

Only issue: you need to speak and read German. No english documents are provided (clearly in Germany you need to sign contracts in German!!)
Old May 7, 2010, 3:25 am
Original Poster

I filled the online application form and finally the process generated a pdf file, which I need to sign and send to DKB. However, I could not understand following sentences. Can someone please translate it for me?

1. legen Sie bitte eine Kopie Ihrer Meldebescheinigung (Ersatzweise eine Gehalts-, Strom- oder Telefonrechnung (maximal vier Wochen alt), aus der die aktuelle Wohnsitzanschrift hervorgeht).... My question is what is a Meldebescheinigung? Can I send my salary slip as a proof for Meldebescheinigung

2. Ich beantrage hiermit die Einrichtung von DKB-Cash, bestehend aus (Sofort-) Dispositionskredit mit Kontoeröffnung bis zu einer Höhe von
z.Zt. max.1.000 Euro (Eine Anpassung des Dispositionskredites erfolgt
nach dem ersten Lohn-/Gehaltseingang.)
Can you please explain what this means?

Thanks in advance
Old May 7, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I filled the online application form and finally the process generated a pdf file, which I need to sign and send to DKB. However, I could not understand following sentences. Can someone please translate it for me?

1. legen Sie bitte eine Kopie Ihrer Meldebescheinigung (Ersatzweise eine Gehalts-, Strom- oder Telefonrechnung (maximal vier Wochen alt), aus der die aktuelle Wohnsitzanschrift hervorgeht).... My question is what is a Meldebescheinigung? Can I send my salary slip as a proof for Meldebescheinigung
No. A Meldbescheinigung is what you get from the city hall when you register your address with them (melden). They just want to verify
your address.

2. Ich beantrage hiermit die Einrichtung von DKB-Cash, bestehend aus (Sofort-) Dispositionskredit mit Kontoeröffnung bis zu einer Höhe von
z.Zt. max.1.000 Euro (Eine Anpassung des Dispositionskredites erfolgt
nach dem ersten Lohn-/Gehaltseingang.)
Can you please explain what this means? Thanks in advance
They will give you a credit line of EUR 1000 after the first deposit of a pay check.
Old May 8, 2010, 8:27 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
As an alternative to a Meldebescheinigung they allow you to present a pay slip, electrical bill or telephone bill. They must have your address and not be older than four weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.