Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Messed up itinerary? - how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver/KL Silver/SQ Silver/AZ Premium
Question Messed up itinerary? - how to fix?

Okay, so some months ago we booked two LH tickets to and from PEK and in the meantime our flights changed 3 times. The first time I accepted the change online, the second time I called in to Lufthansa and they reluctantly accepted some changes that I proposed via phone. They were reluctant because our ticket was booked via an OTA. After this they said the OTA had to re-issue, but the OTA couldn't do this because they said the ticket was taken over by Lufthansa. After some days the tickets were re-issued by Lufthansa.

But now I accepted a third change on Lufthansa.com (3 weeks ago) and now the problems really started:
  • Under Show Receipts on the Lufthansa website it says Receipt not issued next to our two outbound flights
  • When downloading the receipt it only shows the inbound flights, no mention of the outbound flights at all, the same when logging in at pre-flight-shopping.com, only showing the inbound flights
  • OTA still says they cannot access the ticket anymore since it is not under their control, they did even send me an automatic email about this directly after I changed the flights on Lufthansa.com
  • Lufthansa points to OTA most of the time when I try to contact them but I did speak with them 3 times:
  • I called, chatted and had contact via X and they all say nothing is wrong with the ticket.
  • After my contact via Twitter they did send me a PDF itinerary showing all flights as confirmed and with 3 ticket numbers but without a booking code mentioned anywhere, but the only ticket number that yields result in the Receipt download page is the one that is only showing the outbound flights. The other 2 give an error. One of the ticket numbers giving the error is showing up on the downloaded receipt as the Original issue / Original ticket
  • All flights are showing up as confirmed and seats are chosen
Am I just making a fuss about nothing or is something wrong? If the latter, how do I get through something at Lufhansa to fix this?
Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
You should have handled this via the OTA in the first place.

As long as you have all segments confirmed I wouldn’t worry too many about this. Lufthansa.com doesn’t always display receipts. The booking reference never changes, that will remain the same.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the outbound segments have been reissued (new ticket No.) they will no longer be visible in the same eticket receipt as the inbound flights. There will be/should be a separate receipt for the reissued segments. If you see the ticket No's in the reservation it is all fine, and you shouldn't be concerned about the lack of receipt.

You wait until check-in opens. If you are able to do OLCI all is fine. If you are not able to do OLCI, you call LH as there might be an issue with the ticket/no ticket.
williamvdh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.