Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles are expiring

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Miles are expiring

Hello guys and gals. This is my first post here.

I have about 30k miles on my Lufthansa account and a bunch of them are set to expire at the end of June. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I know getting the cc could be a solution, but I think I read in the terms that you need to be a member for 3 months before your miles don't expire? June is only 2 months away :/

If that's not an option, is there any way that I can make about 20k miles or as much as possible quickly in order to book an award flight to Europe before June?

I appreciate any advice/input. Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2010, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Welcome to FT, Blitz_Pro!

The only ways to stop miles from expiring is to either have status or a credit card. I am not sure about the 3 months role, never heard about it but it might be something you can negotiate.

If you want quick miles, then have a look at the promo thread. Newpaper / Magazine subscriptions come to mind as are some financial products.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: Miles & More
Make a credit card that is tied to Miles&More partner in your country. I think this is the only way.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:37 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mitjast
Make a credit card that is tied to Miles&More partner in your country. I think this is the only way.
Welcome to FT, mitjast!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:43 am

don't forget shopmilesandmore
http://shopmilesandmore.com/go.aspx?...OAGDCGJDBDJFFG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.