Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH BOS Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:24 am
Original Poster

LH BOS Lounge

i heard that FTLs don't have access to the Boston Business Lounge - is it true?

that would be ridiculous... don't they guarantee LH-BL access to all FTL?

thanks for anyone who may know more about this...
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by buziness
i heard that FTLs don't have access to the Boston Business Lounge - is it true?

that would be ridiculous... don't they guarantee LH-BL access to all FTL?

thanks for anyone who may know more about this...
Welcome to FT buziness.

In Boston there is no lounge for FTL unless you are flying in C or F.

If you go to the LH web you may check the aiports where you may enter in the Biz lounge with the FTL card, providing you are flying with a *A company. Normally it is in lounges operated by LH and LX(probably also Lot) but not 3rd party lounges.

Edit: I confirm it is also valid in polish aiports, where the lounges are normally run by 3rd parties

Last edited by more4less; Feb 13, 2010 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
BOS has very limited space, so the access to lounge is available to FTLs flying in C only and SENs have access flying in Y.
This has been for about two years now.

Lounge is really minimal and especially with 4 flights a day during summer season (2xFRA, 1x MUC and 1xZRH) it gets really crowded in there.

I would suggest coming to the airport as late as possible and do OLCI.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by saviox
In Boston there is no lounge for FTL unless you are flying in C or F.
There is a lounge for FTL card holders - a LH oparated Business Lounge that is. But LH decided they rather get a check from OZ, TK and AC 35-40k miles *G then from their own pax.

Originally Posted by volta
BOS has very limited space, so the access to lounge is available to FTLs flying in C only
Thats LH talk, suggesting there is something special associated with FTL. But there isn't since you can enter with a C ticket anyway, so there is no FTL lounge access benefit.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:00 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by saviox
Edit: I confirm it is also valid in polish aiports, where the lounges are normally run by 3rd parties
Do you mean Polish airports? Or polish-my-shoes airports

As far as Poland is concerned: in both KRK and WAW FTL's can use all 3rd party Lounges as long as they fly with LO/LX/OS/LH/JP. But if they fly with a non-M&M airline (like SK) access will be denied (and this is correct as per *A rules).
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
That lounge can barely accomodate one flight's worth of F and C customers, let alone elites. The Business lounge seats not more than 50, the SEN lounge not more than 20. It's not bad for the LH423 (16:30 to FRA), but it gets really unpleasant in the late evenings when multiple flights are in there.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
Thats LH talk, suggesting there is something special associated with FTL. But there isn't since you can enter with a C ticket anyway, so there is no FTL lounge access benefit.
Well, I'm not using that lounge much as it is really small. I always do OLCI and by the time I'm through security, if boarding didn't start, walk down to the lounge, get couple bottles of water and go back up.

BOS lounge is nothing to write home about.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
As far as Poland is concerned: in both KRK and WAW FTL's can use all 3rd party Lounges as long as they fly with LO/LX/OS/LH/JP. But if they fly with a non-M&M airline (like SK) access will be denied (and this is correct as per *A rules).
Hm, I've seen a fair share of SK passangers being rejected with their silver cards from lounge in GDN with a remark that silver in M&M would get them in.

Originally Posted by volta
Well, I'm not using that lounge much as it is really small. I always do OLCI and by the time I'm through security, if boarding didn't start, walk down to the lounge, get couple bottles of water and go back up.

BOS lounge is nothing to write home about.
I am, since I usually have a drive to Logan and need some additional buffer time for irops. Even without it, there is a 1h cut off time for picking up a boarding pass/bag dropoff so there's some time to spend in the lounge for a quick snack/drink.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:14 am

LH BOS Senator Lounge

LH doesn't accept *G members to the Senator Lounge in BOS. Any comments?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:34 am

already recently discussed here
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cqhatmit
I consider that a true *G benefit after all @:-).

And welcome to FT cqhatmit!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
And the LH lounge is enormous compared to the AF lounge in BOS.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: LH FTL, AVIS Preferred First, Hertz Gold
That would be a new policy, indeed. According to lh.com it still shows as available for *G. But since it's a very small lounge (maybe 20 seats), even smaller than the Business Lounge in BOS, it's basically a reasonable decision. Last time I'd been there, the few armchairs were even reserved for HON's and me - being a lousy SEN - had to sit beside a table.

p.s. Reference in #2 was for (non)-access for FTL's, not *G.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold

If true, it must be a new policy. It certainly has not been my experience albeit my latest time in the lounge was about a year ago.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:18 am

I was at the BOS lounge last week. There is a paper displayed that FTL and RCC members have no access to the lounge, unless flying C ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.