Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt LH Business class: which lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Frankfurt LH Business class: which lounge?

Flying out of FRA on LH metal in business class. I looked up lounges on the LH website, and it listed seven available ones! Which one is recommended? We are flying on LH 456 to LAX (non-stop).

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DanK
Flying out of FRA on LH metal in business class. I looked up lounges on the LH website, and it listed seven available ones! Which one is recommended? We are flying on LH 456 to LAX (non-stop).
Assuming you are not *G (or even if you are *G) the most convenient lounge for an A gate departure is the Tower Lounge (if they have repaired the elevator !)
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The tower lounge sucks. It is not very nice. Just to drink beer, get some nuts, and maybe some salty sandwiches. However, it is fairly convenient and the closest lounge for USA departures.

If you can, get to a real Senator Lounge. They have one in termianl C, which is very far from your flight, but if you have time, go there. The domestic senator lounge is also available, but you have to pass through passport control and security to get there.

Here photos of the senator lounge in terminal C. I think this is the nicest senator lounge there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3282838...486583/detail/
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Glad to hear you enjoyed the C Senator lounge. Yes, I agree it's better than other Senator lounges at FRA.

However, as you say it's a long way from A departure gates. Also it's a *G lounge and we don't know if the OP is *G. A Business BP only allows you access to Business lounges such as the Tower Lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
The tower lounge sucks.
May I ask what you experienced in the tower lounge that justifies such a wording? I agree the the tower lounge is nothing special but just a plain C lounge. Still IMHO it is better than may other C lounges around the globe and much better than waiting in the terminal. And to be fair you have to take into account that it is a C class lounge while SEN lounges are *G lounges.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:14 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
I agree with totti, the tower lounge is compared to many other business lounges in FRA and worldwide quite ok.

For a very long stop I maybe would use one of the SEN lounges, but for a normal departure (with some 60min in the lounge) I'm happy with with the tower lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by totti
May I ask what you experienced in the tower lounge that justifies such a wording? I agree the the tower lounge is nothing special but just a plain C lounge. Still IMHO it is better than may other C lounges around the globe and much better than waiting in the terminal. And to be fair you have to take into account that it is a C class lounge while SEN lounges are *G lounges.
The major reason I dislike the Tower lounge is that entering and exiting the lounge is only possible using one of two very low capacity elevators. On one occasion the line to exit the lounge ran its entire length and it took more than 30 minutes to get to the elevator. They would not allow us to use the stairs which are for employees only! The other issue is the paucity of electrical outlets.

Last edited by nigos; Mar 29, 2010 at 5:43 am Reason: bad language
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by nigos
The major reason I think it sucks is entrance and exiting the lounge is only possible using one of two very low capacity elevators. On one occasion the line to exit the lounge ran its entire length and it took more than 30 minutes to get to the elevator. They would not allow us to use the stairs which are for employees only! The other issue is the paucity of electrical outlets.
You have a valid point here but than it should read "the lifts/elevators to/from the lounge s**k"
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by totti
Good question. I should probably re-word that the tower lounge sucks relative to the Senator Lounge. For me, the two biggest reasons are 1) food quality and 2) number of people in the tower lounge. The tower lounge is just packed, especially around the time UA flights leave for the USA. It is stuffed full of people.

The food options at the tower lounge are simply inferior to the senator lounge. I once had those sandwiches at the tower lounge and they were just horrible. Extremely over-salted (to the point of being inedible), stale bread, and mayonaise to give you a heart attack. The snacks are simply not tasty at the tower lounge. I think if it is simply beer and drinks, then the tower lounge is totally fine. But food options are not good.

Also, the tower lounge is extremely warm. Perhaps too many people, perhaps too many windows. It is uncomfortably warm in the tower lounge.

This is why I love the senator lounge:

This is why I don't like the tower lounge:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.