Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Compliments & Complaints: Reply Time?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
LH Compliments & Complaints: Reply Time?

I flew LH F with 2 other members of my family (all on reward tickets) last September. Unfortunately, the service on the ground at FRA was appalling and so I wrote to them, via the C&C link on the website and via fax, to make a complaint in January. The LH site responded immediately with an "FB-IDxxxxxx" number.

Yes, my complaint was a bit delayed, but I just never got round to it. My own fault. Still, I did feel strongly about the whole experience, so eventually lodged the complaint.

Its now been almost 6 weeks since the original complaint and although I have faxed again requesting some feedback, I am yet to receive a reply.

Anyone have a similar experience? Alternatively, is there an F phone number i can call as the SEN line say they have no access to that dept, which the website says is in Liverpool.

Thanks, folks.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:11 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
I received replies in 4 days in January.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by camille55
I flew LH F with 2 other members of my family (all on reward tickets) last September. Unfortunately, the service on the ground at FRA was appalling and so I wrote to them, via the C&C link on the website and via fax, to make a complaint in January. The LH site responded immediately with an "FB-IDxxxxxx" number.

Yes, my complaint was a bit delayed, but I just never got round to it. My own fault. Still, I did feel strongly about the whole experience, so eventually lodged the complaint.

Its now been almost 6 weeks since the original complaint and although I have faxed again requesting some feedback, I am yet to receive a reply.

Anyone have a similar experience? Alternatively, is there an F phone number i can call as the SEN line say they have no access to that dept, which the website says is in Liverpool.

Thanks, folks.
would you mind giving us little bit more details about the appalling service that you received in FRA? you can def get here more instant feedback rather than waiting for LH to respond back...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:10 pm

what was the compliment that you are referring to in your title!?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
1-2 days if they are fast, usually less than one week.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Unless it was something which requires a lot of research, the LH outsourcer normally responds very quickly. Normally, if you don't have a reply within a week something has gone wrong and I would call them to check.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Usually they are pretty quick at LH, but might have a lot of complaints at the moment, due to constant weather issues (for about the last month, IIRC) - so this might have put your complaint about something in September on hold?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Check with CR Europe with the reference number you got:

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Feedback Europe
PO Box 1289
Liverpool L69 3AX
UK
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by sentom
what was the compliment that you are referring to in your title!?
Sorry if the title misled. I was just referring to the name of the link in LH's website.

Originally Posted by divjan
would you mind giving us little bit more details about the appalling service that you received in FRA? you can def get here more instant feedback rather than waiting for LH to respond back...
In summary, I was flying with an elderly relative who was in a wheelchair and has difficulty eating by herself. The list of issues included: not getting the requested seats next to my relative in C from LHR, lack of a wheelchair at FRA, therefore having to deplane by carrying my relative through the cabin and down the steps, being taken to a random part of (I think) concourse B instead of to a FCL or the FCT: which in turn meant there were issues with not being able to feed her & give her meds on time, then being advised by FraCare that the First Class service was "only in the air, not on the ground" (!), lack of a car & delay to transfer to the connecting flight. All this despite my painstakingly advising LH of the age/circumstance of who I was flying with and being given assurances on the SEN line that all this was noted and there would be no problems.

Btw, before the transfer 2 LH staff eventually found us at FraCare, explained they had been waiting for us at FCL/FCT (I forget which) and when they heard of the experience that morning, they were pretty amazed and recommended I complain as, and I quote, "this is not the way it is meant to be for F pax". One even gave me her name and was happy to be mentioned. In fact, they were insistent I complain.

Oh, and by the way, on arrival at our destination I discovered that they had misplaced one suitcase and my relatives' walking frame!!

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Unless it was something which requires a lot of research, the LH outsourcer normally responds very quickly. Normally, if you don't have a reply within a week something has gone wrong and I would call them to check.
I did fax again last week on 00 49 1805 838050, asking when they would reply but still no response as yet.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Check with CR Europe with the reference number you got:

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Feedback Europe
PO Box 1289
Liverpool L69 3AX
UK
E-mail: [email protected]
Yes that is the address, but thx for the email oliver 2002 as I was not aware of it. I will write to them on that email and hopefully get a reply soon.

Thanks all for your replies to date.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:37 am

you may not like this but you simply may not leave this kind of complaint for so long - you need to do this in writing within 4 weeks!!

I agree they are normally quite good at this. However in your case the time passed since the incident may be hampering the search for information and details on the incident.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moeve
you may not like this but you simply may not leave this kind of complaint for so long - you need to do this in writing within 4 weeks!!

I agree they are normally quite good at this. However in your case the time passed since the incident may be hampering the search for information and details on the incident.
I fully take your point. However, my original correspondence to them was quite detailed, eg. I listed the names of the SEN reps I spoke to and dates of those conversations prior to the flights, I scanned copies of all the BP stubs, gave the name of the (helpful) LH lady who 'found' us at FraCare and even the name of the senior FA in F who helped seat us on the ongoing flight at FRA.

I got that because he enquired as to the well-being of my elderly relative as he witnessed her wretching uncontrollably on finally taking her seat. That initself being due partly to a total of 3 wheelchair changes between the time we eventually got dropped at FraCare on arrival and got onto our onward flight. The FA kindly gave me his full name as I said I would be writing.

The real surprise is that they haven't even got back to me to query any of my points, despite the detail provided. Anyway, I have emailed to the address kindly provided by oliver2002 above and await a reply.

Btw, I also enclosed scanned copies of the lost baggage docs and receipts for items that needed to be purchased due to the loss of suitcase. They haven't paid that yet either.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by camille55
Sorry if the title misled. I was just referring to the name of the link in LH's website.

In summary, I was flying with an elderly relative who was in a wheelchair and has difficulty eating by herself. The list of issues included: not getting the requested seats next to my relative in C from LHR, lack of a wheelchair at FRA, therefore having to deplane by carrying my relative through the cabin and down the steps, being taken to a random part of (I think) concourse B instead of to a FCL or the FCT: which in turn meant there were issues with not being able to feed her & give her meds on time, then being advised by FraCare that the First Class service was "only in the air, not on the ground" (!), lack of a car & delay to transfer to the connecting flight. All this despite my painstakingly advising LH of the age/circumstance of who I was flying with and being given assurances on the SEN line that all this was noted and there would be no problems.

Btw, before the transfer 2 LH staff eventually found us at FraCare, explained they had been waiting for us at FCL/FCT (I forget which) and when they heard of the experience that morning, they were pretty amazed and recommended I complain as, and I quote, "this is not the way it is meant to be for F pax". One even gave me her name and was happy to be mentioned. In fact, they were insistent I complain.

Oh, and by the way, on arrival at our destination I discovered that they had misplaced one suitcase and my relatives' walking frame!!
i am sorry to hear about this experience, i can relate to your situation very much since my mother needs a wheel chair during her travel..Whenever she travels it is either in C or F class when i go along with her

when it comes to seats i am sure this could have been resolved by the pursuer once you were on board, and if the pursuer doesn't take enough initiative if i have to i usually ask myself people around me if they would exchange the seats, never had a problem especially intra Europe
the wheelchair assist service is very good in FRA, MUC and VIE for that matter, they are not always on time but as long as the notation was made in your PNR that assistance is needed they will be there, i would have never carried a relative in arms since there is even more chance for her to fall or get injured during the process!!!

you will never get dropped off in the FCT or FCL from the remote stand, for example you should have had a van/car that was designated for HON and FC passengers (this depends on LH capacity)..Either using a large bus or the minivan you would have been dropped of at the same terminal place….from here i find that usually you will have the FRAcare assistance staff waiting, at this point you should have given them instructions that you want to go to the FCL ( i know that you did not know about this probably), you have understand that majority of people that they handle do not fly premium class

if you did end up in Concourse B and your flight was departing from B you will not be driven to your aircraft (only if you flights departed from either A or C)… but again you were not in FCL…As you note that you LH FC staff found you in the FRAcare lounge and explained that they would never handle a case like that..they are truly very good with assistance, from lounge staff to onboard staff

From my personal experience I have had FA’s walk with my mother holding her hands multiple times from the upper deck to the bus/van in order to assist her (usually early 5am remote arrivals from JFK),

I cannot give you much comment on the suitcase and the walking frame, but you have to realize it is a even when flying in F it is mass transportation and stuff like that happens, for one i think the aluminum walking frame when folded could have been taken with you in F class wo any problems
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:25 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Hi camille55,

If you will send me an email through the form connected to my profile I will check the status of your claim.

Just some comments:

1) Yes, our Customer Relations staff are quite inundated at the moment because of holiday season which is always busy, compounded by the endless weather problems all over the world.

2) Reporting a situation sooner rather than later could of course work to your advantage but we understand you are busy and accept it when you are able.

3) Yours sounds like a situation requiring detailed research and despite having names etc. of LH staff involved, it is not always easy to reach those individuals as many are without email access, work shifts, etc.

4) Sometimes our office responds and that response is somehow misdirected (typo, wrong address or email address, spam filter, etc), I will be able to inform you if that has happened in this case like it did to another case I saw this week.

On behalf of Lufthansa I apologize for the disruptions to what should have been a worry-free trip and assure you that we want to make it right.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Michelle
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divjan
i am sorry to hear about this experience, i can relate to your situation very much since my mother needs a wheel chair during her travel..Whenever she travels it is either in C or F class when i go along with her

when it comes to seats i am sure this could have been resolved by the pursuer once you were on board, and if the pursuer doesn't take enough initiative if i have to i usually ask myself people around me if they would exchange the seats, never had a problem especially intra Europe
the wheelchair assist service is very good in FRA, MUC and VIE for that matter, they are not always on time but as long as the notation was made in your PNR that assistance is needed they will be there, i would have never carried a relative in arms since there is even more chance for her to fall or get injured during the process!!!

you will never get dropped off in the FCT or FCL from the remote stand, for example you should have had a van/car that was designated for HON and FC passengers (this depends on LH capacity)..Either using a large bus or the minivan you would have been dropped of at the same terminal place….from here i find that usually you will have the FRAcare assistance staff waiting, at this point you should have given them instructions that you want to go to the FCL ( i know that you did not know about this probably), you have understand that majority of people that they handle do not fly premium class

if you did end up in Concourse B and your flight was departing from B you will not be driven to your aircraft (only if you flights departed from either A or C)… but again you were not in FCL…As you note that you LH FC staff found you in the FRAcare lounge and explained that they would never handle a case like that..they are truly very good with assistance, from lounge staff to onboard staff

From my personal experience I have had FA’s walk with my mother holding her hands multiple times from the upper deck to the bus/van in order to assist her (usually early 5am remote arrivals from JFK),

I cannot give you much comment on the suitcase and the walking frame, but you have to realize it is a even when flying in F it is mass transportation and stuff like that happens, for one i think the aluminum walking frame when folded could have been taken with you in F class wo any problems
Yep, I did ask the Purser for seats to be changed as soon as we boarded at LHR (we were allowed to board first) but they were unable to help. We had BP's for row 6 & 7 and I considered asking surrounding pax to move, but at the time....early morning flight, full of business people, everyone in a rush to board and only one aisle, I just felt it would be too much grief for all.

Once we got dropped at FraCare, they told us not to move. It became apparent the FCT was not viable, but although I repeatedly asked to go to the FCL (or any lounge!) they told me if I went, I would miss the connection because they were too far. The purpose of the lounge visit was that (and given your experiences with your Mum, you may be able to relate to this) due to a recent op, she was only able to take liquids and semi-solids, and I was hooping to get her some porridge or soup there. I did think about trying to find a lounge anyway, but thought better not risk it. I do agree though, I guess most of their traffic are not premium PAX.

The connecting flight was also at a remote position and, instead of a F car/van we were asked to go with other pax in a bus which was (after some considerable delay) hydraulically raised to the starboard side of the aircraft to enable boarding to take place

It do take your point on the luggage issue. What's funny is that my father and I have flown that same route (seperately) in LH C since the described flight and on both those occasions too, 2 and 3pcs respecitvely of luggage have been mislaid and turned up days later!! What's not funny though was the mislaying of the (non-folding) walking frame in the present case - basically it was an aluminium 'zimmer' frame. Thx for your input divjan and happy flying to your Mum!

Originally Posted by LHrelate
Hi camille55,

If you will send me an email through the form connected to my profile I will check the status of your claim.

Just some comments:

1) Yes, our Customer Relations staff are quite inundated at the moment because of holiday season which is always busy, compounded by the endless weather problems all over the world.

2) Reporting a situation sooner rather than later could of course work to your advantage but we understand you are busy and accept it when you are able.

3) Yours sounds like a situation requiring detailed research and despite having names etc. of LH staff involved, it is not always easy to reach those individuals as many are without email access, work shifts, etc.

4) Sometimes our office responds and that response is somehow misdirected (typo, wrong address or email address, spam filter, etc), I will be able to inform you if that has happened in this case like it did to another case I saw this week.

On behalf of Lufthansa I apologize for the disruptions to what should have been a worry-free trip and assure you that we want to make it right.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Michelle
Thanks LHrelate. Regarding your numbered points: -

1) Completely understand.
2) You're quite right, sooner is better than later. I just hope now that I have reported the matter (in detail) something gets sorted.
3) Fair enough.
4) Thanks, and I do appreciate you looking into this.

Appreciate also the apology. I will be emailing you shortly with the reference no,.

Thanks

PS. What a helpful board. Thanks again!

Last edited by camille55; Feb 19, 2010 at 9:37 am Reason: to clear up the layout
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:18 am
Original Poster

LHrelate, I just completed and sent the form you mentioned. Look forward to an update as soon as reasonably possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.