Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with Kids

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Lounge Access with Kids

I have searched for the answer to this I promise. So please keep with me.

I'm *G with bmi and i've got wife and two kids, aged 4 and 1 with me going through FRA to MCO. Can I scrape the SEN lounge on the basis of it being one adult or have I only got the Business lounge available? I know when I used to go through MUC with first one as a baby they let us in the SEN lounge.

We're all in F on the way back thank god. Good food and Sleep.........
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I've just been chuckling at Rambusters list of how to maximise the F experience.

Yes, I confess it is a reward booking, but a) i'm not in that league, and b) I pour thousands into bmi/ LH's coffers each year so they do OK ot of me.

But it seriously made me laugh as I wanted a rubber duck for home!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by TheKipper
I have searched for the answer to this I promise. So please keep with me.

I'm *G with bmi and i've got wife and two kids, aged 4 and 1 with me going through FRA to MCO. Can I scrape the SEN lounge on the basis of it being one adult or have I only got the Business lounge available? I know when I used to go through MUC with first one as a baby they let us in the SEN lounge.

We're all in F on the way back thank god. Good food and Sleep.........
My experience is yes, and for the amount of families I have seen in the Sen lounges over the years, should be OK. Nevertheless I do no know if the rules are different but practically never enforced.
In any case I understand that outbound you are flying in C so it is not much difference either to go to the Biz lounge.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
What booking class are you flying in? Y, C, F? In C you'll have access to the business lounges anyway which are perfectly fine for a short stop. Not much of a difference compared to Sen lounges.

There are several threads covering this topic e.g. this one. To summarize the answers: The rules are pretty clear. *Gs are allowed to bring one guest. If you ask nicely they will most likely make an exception and let you into the SEN lounge.

Enjoy your flight
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Flying in C on the way out.

The last time I went through FRA in Oct to LAX we went from the C gates and their was a HUGE difference between the business lounge and the Sen lounge.

Is it different down by the A gates?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
The last time I went through FRA in Oct to LAX we went from the C gates and their was a HUGE difference between the business lounge and the Sen lounge.
Would you mind to elaborate? I have been both to the SEN and Business Lounges in the C pier and for me (and my wife) it was not much of a difference.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Is it different down by the A gates?
Are you starting your trip in FRA or connecting from somewhere else?

If your flight is departing from an A non-Schengen gate there's only one lounge, the Tower Lounge, which is actually a Business lounge but has a better selection of food than other Business lounges. The only SEN lounge in A is in the Schengen area by A26 which is often very crowded.

Flights to MCO seem to be departing from C gates recently.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
I am *G with wife and 2 kids, now aged 5 & 7. I travel Y when I'm with the kids.

I have successfully got all 4 of us in *G lounges all over the world, including various lounges in FRA & MUC. That is SEN lounges not FTL lounges.

It's not a right though, so a few smiles and I sometimes say we'll just pop in for 5-10 minutes for some snacks, or whatever. And keep the kids quiet - don't hang around.

IIRC, I have got all 4 of into BD, LH, SK, UA, TG, SQ, CA, AC, NH, NZ *G lounges. The better lounges have kids room (e.g. many SK lounges).

Now my oldest is 7, I have noticed that we are beginning to get denials, particularly from SQ - which is fair enough, since we're in Y.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:42 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
There were some reports here where families were rejected at SEN lounges when they were quite full. But in general access with Partner and two younger kids should be no problem.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: LH Sen
A smile always helps as do good manners once inside

None the less, the ladies in HAM (whom I greet weekly when flying on business), never forget to remind me that it is a big exception that I bring my 3.5 year old to the SEN lounge- even when it's almost empty.

Good fun though with gummi bears on the terrace in HAM.

Happy travels.
BT
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:04 am

No problem in MUC with wife und two kids (age 3 and 1) into both SEN lounges (G and H) on last several trips (even the new SEN lounge in G is crowded often). It should be no difference in FRA.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
There were some reports here where families were rejected at SEN lounges when they were quite full. But in general access with Partner and two younger kids should be no problem.
Great.

I ran into a remote acquaintance who was on her way to another *A fllight and the FRA LD denied us entering the lounge together as one has to be on the same flight (even though LH changed the access rules to nearly-*A level by no longer imposing that requirement).

Showing her the access rules did no good as her English evidently wasn't proficient enough. So I had to blackmail her by remarking why she let all these kids in against the rules while she tried to exclude us against written policy. Obviously she didn't want to be reported for her 'good deeds', so she budged.

Even for weero kids can be at service at certain times .
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:22 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
So, what about the other way around? Can a big kid (me! ) get both parents into the SEN lounge in MUC when travelling together?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by AHN
So, what about the other way around? Can a big kid (me! ) get both parents into the SEN lounge in MUC when travelling together?
No. Because they do not run around, scream, and bring down the house. and hence do not qualify as 'cute' and worthy of severely bending the rules .

But maybe you can properly train and instruct them meet the criteria ...
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:58 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by weero
Even for weero kids can be at service at certain times .
I'll remind you next time you have a screaming baby on this 14h F flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.