Search

ICN Lufthansa First Facilities

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
ICN Lufthansa First Facilities

Dear FT'ers,

I'm flying this coming month from ICN to FRA in F and was wondering what kind of lounge facilities I could use in ICN? Are there any special departure services or fast track through security?

Thanks for your answers, I know this might have come up before but my search yielded nothing recent.

Secondly, as I'm transferring in FRA to a LH Y flight to STR, can I use the FCL at the A or B gate? I know the FCT doesn't work as it's just a departure lounge...

Cheers!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 6:42 am

At ICN LH uses the OZ F lounge which is somewhat ok but nothing special. For FRA just check the load of threads/sticky about FRA F lounge access on this forum.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by crimson2k6
I'm flying this coming month from ICN to FRA in F and was wondering what kind of lounge facilities I could use in ICN? Are there any special departure services or fast track through security?
At ICN, LH uses the satellite terminal, so you will have to take the people mover. There is a nice OZ lounge there with F and C sections, although the OZ F lounge in the main terminal is larger and nicer. The OZ F lounges are very quiet and uncrowded, while the C lounges can sometimes resemble a zoo.

ICN has no fast track through security or immigration that I know of. IME, these are generally quite fast, so not a big deal.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: LH HON
Don't worry about ICN. The departure was always pretty smooth and quick. The F lounge is right next to the LH departure gate (it is upstairs on the right). You can actually watch the flight boarding in some cases and then really go last minute.

The F section of the OZ lounge is actually nice. Nothing amazing like a LH F lounge, but the last time I was there, the food selection was pretty good.

In FRA, I would advise you to actually use the FCT if you don't mind a 5 minutes walk outside. You really have to walk over to the FCT by yourself. See the other threads for directions.

Otherwise you can pick FCL B and/or FCL A, but you need to be ending up in FCL A at some point, because your STR flight will leave from A and you need to pass immigration and another security check first.

All lounges are the same. The only advantage for the FCT is the limo service to your STR flight. You will not get a ride from FCL A or FCL B.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
OZ F lounge isn't bad, although in the morning the food choices are a bit slim. In the afternoon and evenings they come out with good offerings. Liquor is generally F quality (e.g., JW Blue). ^

There are showers, although the suites are rather small unlike the FCT.

Sometimes the cute OZ girls will come and tell you it is time to board, and sometimes they will not, so be careful and don't fall asleep as I once did (and almost missed my UA flt).

Only real complaint is that they keep it too bloody hot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.