Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Wings FRA-NUE - Hand Baggage Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Euro Wings FRA-NUE - Hand Baggage Question

I'm flying MAN->FRA->NUE this weekend and can see the FRA->NUE segment is on a Aerospace 146. I understand the Eurowings segment is operated as an LH product.

I'm intending to bring a standard sized rolling cabin bag plus a small laptop bag with me. Should this be ok for the FRA-NUE segment? Will they gate check the larger piecein the event that there is no room for it? Do I risk any issues going through security at FRA going out or NUE for the return?

At a pinch, I guess I could come with a laptop bag plus camera bag (never had checked in luggage delayed when going through a German airport).....
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
That should be fine. If your bag is too large you will get a "delivery at aircraft" tag and your bag will be stored in the baggage compartment for your pickup after disembarkating in NUE.

Whenever I've flown FRA-NUE with EW/LH there was enough space for my (slightly oversized) trolley in the cabin.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by mfkne
That should be fine. If your bag is too large you will get a "delivery at aircraft" tag and your bag will be stored in the baggage compartment for your pickup after disembarkating in NUE.
Never seen this on an Avro RJ/BAe 146.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Never seen this on an Avro RJ/BAe 146.
I second that. Being NUE based

Delivery at Aircraft on EW flights will only be done on the CRJ.

If the flight is an BAE (as the OP states), it either fits in the overhead bin, under the seat in front of him or they will usually (if it's more or less within the range for cabin baggage) store it in the wardrobe of C class.

cheers

ben

PS: which flight are you on? I'll be on LH924 this saturday, too
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:42 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
you should not get a seat below the wings as the overhead compartments are too tiny to put your on-board-trolley inside
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I stand corrected: Indeed I've confused flights HAM-NUE or MUC-NUE with FRA-NUE. On the latter I've also never seen "delivery at aircraft".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.