Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About flippin' time - towing cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:52 am
Original Poster

About flippin' time - towing cars at LAX

I've been hearing a lot about the city government being short on cash and have seen city employees at the airport lose incidental perks due to budget cuts.

Currently, parking in one of the onsite parking garages costs a maximum of $30/day and I think the first hour is $3.

Why would it take 9 months for the city to tow an abandoned car out of one of these garages? Especially if it was P-3 or P-4 which more often than not serve TBIT. That space could have easily pulled in $60 a day.

The abandoned car in question, which was towed last week, had already had its plates removed and a snowdrift of parking tickets on the windshield. There was no question this thing was abandoned.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Taker Park
I've been hearing a lot about the city government being short on cash and have seen city employees at the airport lose incidental perks due to budget cuts.

Currently, parking in one of the onsite parking garages costs a maximum of $30/day and I think the first hour is $3.

Why would it take 9 months for the city to tow an abandoned car out of one of these garages? Especially if it was P-3 or P-4 which more often than not serve TBIT. That space could have easily pulled in $60 a day.

The abandoned car in question, which was towed last week, had already had its plates removed and a snowdrift of parking tickets on the windshield. There was no question this thing was abandoned.
Your theory that the space would have easily pulled in $60 a day is flawed. None of the CTA parking lots are ever completely full, so individual spaces are not so scarce that their being occupied is necessarily a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.