Search

Hotel near the Rose Bowl

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Hotel near the Rose Bowl

Scored 4th row tickets to the U2 concert at the Rose Bowl on OCT 25 !!! l

Can anyone recommend where to stay and eat that is around the Rose Bowl?

Thanks in advance !!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:40 pm
Community Director Emerita

It seems as though a number of us got tickets to that concert.

One of my favorite hotel tools is www.hotelmagician.com. Use this link:

http://hotelmagician.com/interactive_hotel_maps/

Put in the address for the Rose Bowl:

1001 Rose Bowl Dr, Pasadena, CA 91103

Chose how many miles you want to be within. You'll get a map that shows all the possibilities. You can then filter it according to your hotel allegiance. I chose 5 miles, and found

Sheraton Pasadena
Westin Pasadena
Hilton Pasadena

Within 1 mile is Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena Old Town
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Since the OP has HiltonHonors in their profile, I will also add the Hilton Glendale to that list as well as the Embassy Suites in Monrovia. Both are reasonably freeway-close to the Rose Bowl.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

All visitors going to concerts (or football games) at the RB should understand that the stadium is situated in a park / residental area, not in the city center. Plug the stadium address into Google Maps and look at the satellite view to see what I mean.

Because of the physical location, parking is sometimed difficult. If the concert promoters have a website, check there to see what parking options (including shuttles) are being offered.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Aug 2, 2009 at 10:50 pm
Old Aug 23, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
I know you are a Hilton person but the Westin Pasadena is really nice. Nice pool and gym within walking distance to many restaurants.

They have a free shuttle that could probably take you to the Rose Bowl which is only 3 miles away. https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=1453

I wouldnt be surprised if U2 were staying there.

Also if you have time go to the Norton Simon Museum it's only 1 mile from the Westin and it's only $8 per person http://www.nortonsimon.org/

Last edited by wingless; Aug 23, 2009 at 7:17 pm
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by anaggie
Scored 4th row tickets to the U2 concert at the Rose Bowl on OCT 25 !!! l

Can anyone recommend where to stay and eat that is around the Rose Bowl?

Thanks in advance !!
Well, people seem to have the hotels covered. With regards to the cuisine, why type of food interests you? Are you looking to dine cheaply? Or, are you looking for a more upscale experience? Before I had a mortgage (), I used to take mrs. iapetus to all kinds of nice places in and around Pasadena, California. Please specify; I'd be more than happy to offer restaurant suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.