LAX to Palm Springs shuttle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HA regular member, HH, HGP, SPG, Prince Preferred, Budget Fast Break

can anyone recommend a shuttle service (if there is even one) that can pick me up at LAX and drive me to Palm Springs (La Qunita to be exact). I would be landing Fri morning, April 24 after a red-eye from HNL. I really don't want to drive that distance after the flight, so hopefully my fellow FTalker's can recommend a service. Maybe a limo company that has Town Cars...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aloha!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Your best option is probably http://www.palmspringslimoandcarservice.com/ or http://www.palmspringsshuttle.com/.

BUT:

Have you looked into UA's LAX-PSP service?

EDIT: I see UA's n/s is $565 o/w, but there are options on AS/AA for about $150 or $209 on UA via SFO (and you could standby for the n/s to PSP).

If you are on a tight budget, you could take the FlyAway bus to Union Station ($6 o/w), then take a cab to the Greyhound Station (some will tell you it is a really bad area, but I have never had a problem) and take a bus (one leaving at 8am, another at 12:30) for Palm Springs (3 hour journey) and the fare is only $22.50.

Amtrak also serves Palm Springs from Union Station, though you would be stuck in Los Angeles for a while. The two Amtrak options are below.

$35.00 422 Texas Eagle
Los Angeles, CA - Union Station (LAX)
2:30 pm
24-APR-09
Palm Springs, CA (PSN)
5:06 pm
24-APR-09
2h 36m
Dining car, Lounge, Onboard wheelchair ramp 1 Reserved Coach Seat

$18.00 2 Sunset Limited
Los Angeles, CA - Union Station (LAX)
2:30 pm
24-APR-09 Palm Springs, CA (PSN)
5:06 pm
24-APR-09
2h 36m
Dining car, Lounge, Onboard wheelchair ramp 1 Reserved Coach Seat

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Apr 15, 2009 at 12:28 am
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:21 am

I recall hearing that the PSP Amtrak station is very basic, just a platform on the outskirts of the city. Definitely research tranportation into town, it sounds like taxis and shuttles do not regularly visit the station.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you choose Amtrak, just find a telephone numbe of a taxi company in Palm Springs before you leave.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:57 am
In memoriam

The Amtrak station is certainly not any where near town. And the Greyhound bus stop is not downtown either.

Personally, having looked into this for a guest a couple of years ago, I decided that a rentacar is the way to go. It really isn't that far-2 1/2 to three hours.

Or, perhaps you can get the LAX PSP flight added to your ticket at relatively low cost?
Old May 19, 2009, 2:39 pm

I'm afraid that low cost isn't an option if you're looking at UA's shuttle service between LAX and PSP - the cheapest I've ever seen tickets is around $300

PSP is a very expensive place to fly to for some reason

The exception seems to be SFO - tickets from PSP can be had for less than $100 because there's competition on the route. I think that's pretty much the only route with two or more airlines providing service from PSP

To give you an illustration of the difference competition makes - you can fly from PSP to LAX on Ua for around $500. If you fly exactly the same route on exactly the same plane but then take a connecting flight to SFO, the fare drops to $99!!!!
Old May 20, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndrewC
To give you an illustration of the difference competition makes - you can fly from PSP to LAX on Ua for around $500. If you fly exactly the same route on exactly the same plane but then take a connecting flight to SFO, the fare drops to $99!!!!
Ah the beauty of hidden city ticketing!
Old May 22, 2009, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewC
I'm afraid that low cost isn't an option if you're looking at UA's shuttle service between LAX and PSP - the cheapest I've ever seen tickets is around $300

PSP is a very expensive place to fly to for some reason
I think the suggestion was the OP check fares from HNL-PSP. Who knows, the fare could be even cheaper than HNL-LAX! I agree LAX-PSP is very expensive! Since the OP has disappeared we won't know the outcome.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 2:00 am

Location: (2013) BUR SEA YVR PDX LAX LAS ATL ICT ICN MNL NRT MSP DFW LGA ORD
Programs: AFKL Silver / AM Gold / AS MVP / DL Silver / HA / UA
Desert Valley Shuttle

http://www.palmspringsshuttle.com/
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:09 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iloveomaha
Welcome to Flyertalk iloveomaha!

I went to the link provided but didn't see any cost associated with this shuttle, any idea on price? (lax-psp)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC, EK, SPG
$96/one way. Return is same.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: lh sen
Can anyone update the thread? I am arriving april 2 in the morning from BKK-NRT on UA in LAX and would like to get a limo transfer to PSP. I do not want to drive myself. Any good limo or shuttle service available?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
Can anyone update the thread? I am arriving april 2 in the morning from BKK-NRT on UA in LAX and would like to get a limo transfer to PSP. I do not want to drive myself. Any good limo or shuttle service available?
By my standards, this is very expensive. These folks have both shuttle and limo service. I've linked directly to the shuttle price page, but you can find a limo price page also (for 3x the price!)

http://www.atyourserviceshuttle.com/...p?page=shuttle
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:38 am

Hello,

Try Lax Shuttle or Lax Taxi links.

I think these links might be helpful. I tried them once and service is good.

Cheers!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:05 am

Limo Service from LAX to Palm Springs

Can anyone recommend a quality limo service from LAX to Palm Springs? I've done a few searches on the internet but was hoping to get some firsthand feedback.

I am looking for a stretch limo to take two people (plus luggage). Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.