Wiki Posts
Search

Rent Van- Need Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Rent Van- Need Help

Hello I am Alex.
I would like to know about services Van agencies in Los Angeles. So may anyone tell me what the operating hours are in Los Angeles?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
welcome to FlyerTalk, alexjorden1

I am sure you'll get some helpful answers in the California -> Los Angeles forum.
For your convenience, I move this thread ... please follow it at its new home.
if you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact a forum moderator. we're here to assist you ...

regards,

chrissxb
europe forum
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Could you clarify what you are looking for?

Are you talking about a self-drive van? (passenger or cargo?)

or

Are you inquiring about a van service that could pick up and deliver from/to the airport and some other location in the Los Angeles area?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlshanks
Could you clarify what you are looking for?

Are you talking about a self-drive van? (passenger or cargo?)

or

Are you inquiring about a van service that could pick up and deliver from/to the airport and some other location in the Los Angeles area?
I am planning for trip to Los Angeles from next month with my family and friends and for that, I am looking for detailed information about the airport transportation and 15 passenger VAN rental services for some other location in Los Angeles. I want to know how they will charge. Actually what I am looking for is, best prices and the best service.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Here I wait for your replies, so please provide me more information on Van rental services in LA.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
You still haven't told us whether you want to rent a van so you can drive it, or whether you want to hire a shuttle van and its driver to take you somewhere.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbstone
You still haven't told us whether you want to rent a van so you can drive it, or whether you want to hire a shuttle van and its driver to take you somewhere.
Sorry for the short detail. Actually I want to rent a van so I can drive it.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:00 pm

Most rental car companies have 12-passenger vans. Very few have 15-passenger vans and the places that have them do not have very many. It is important to make a reservation ahead of time.

Companies you can check are Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, National, Dollar, and Budget. Enterprise is often the best service for the price. (Avis and Hertz are even better service but usually are expensive).

Expect to pay about $150/day. Renting from the airport in any city is more expensive than renting away from the airport.

Because of safety problems and bad accidents with 15p vans, many rental car companies do not have them. You cannot carry anyone except family members in a 15p van unless you have a special drivers license in California, and cannot use the van for activities like school, college, church, etc. Some states have even more restrictions.

If there are children in your family, California law requres car seats for babies and younger children. You will need to bring the seats with you or make sure the rental car company has them available to rent. Last comment is most rental car companies in the US will not rent to people under 25 years old or charge a lot more.

You may know all this, but since I am not sure where you are traveling from it may help.

Last edited by kenish; Apr 9, 2009 at 12:17 pm
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Hi Kenish,

Thanks for the valuable information. I am 36 years old. I have 10 and 13 years old two child. Please suggest me, what size vehicle would best fit? Please give your suggestion, After your reply, I will sent request to travel company for quote.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:48 am

Alex- So there is just you and your 2 kids? You don't need a van unless you have a lot of luggage or equipment. If you have a normal amount of luggage, a car in the "Intermediate" size will be fine. You will save a lot of money compared to a van and it will be a lot easier to drive and to find parking in LA traffic too. Check with the companies in my previous post. They all have websites, just check prices and then you can book directly with them via Internet.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: United Premier, alaska, AA, CO, NW, SW, HA, Delta, Triprewards, Gold Crown, PriorityPlus,
use carrentals.com to get and idea of whats available on and off airport
then always try to priceline under that rate.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Friends,

Again thanks for your great support. My last question, Can I extend the car rental duration during my trip to LA? What are Los Angeles van rental terms and conditions?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:28 am

Alex, you can usually extend a rental. Of course you must contact the rental company. The sooner you do this, the more likely they will OK it. If there is a special event or holiday and the car rental can rent it out at a higher price they might not allow an extension.

You cannot keep the car longer without contacting them...they will at least charge you a lot of money for the extended time and at worst report it stolen.

Terms and conditions are different for every company and even the office you rent from. The best thing to do is review the T&C online. Since you are still interested in a van, the 15 passenger ones have many restrictions on use. 12 passenger are more like regular cars.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Kenish,

Thanks for the information. As I am search on Google for got the more information on van rentals Los Angeles, I have found one company who can also provide their services in 15 passenger van rental Los Angeles. I contact them for van rental quote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.