Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

What's the procedure for luggage that's checked through a LAX connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:46 am
Original Poster

We will by flying into Lax T4 on a Qantas flight from Sydney with a connection through to Washington DC on an AA flight ( also T4).

The flights were booked on separately ( not on the same ticket) but I've been told that if we show the Qantas checkin staff in Sydney they will be able to check our luggage all the way through to Washington as they're both Oneworld airlines.

My question is what exactly will we need to do on our arrival in LAX?

I gather that we will need to go through immigration, then collect our luggage from the carousel and go through Customs. I assume that immediately after Customs there is somewhere that we can then drop off our luggage again so that it will be transferred through to the AA flight?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me a bit more information about this. Is there a desk after customs where we speak to someone and drop off our luggage or is it just a conveyor belt? Is it well signposted or will we need to ask someone how to find it? Some directions would be great if anyone knows the layout of the arrivals area in T4 well :-)

Thanks
Andona
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:51 am
Community Director Emerita

andona, you've described the process really well. There is a long queue to exit the customs area. Right beyond that, to the left I believe, there is another long queue to drop off bags for passengers who are onward connecting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.