Good spot for a holiday party (60+ people) in Orange County? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Good place for holiday party (60+ people) in Orange County?

I've been asked to look into locations for my office's holiday party and could use some advice.

The room/restaurant needs to hold 60+ people, have some tasty food and, ideally, a fun environment, great view or something else that makes it special.

We don't have a budget yet, but it can't be super-extravagant. It also can't be too far south or too difficult to get to.

Just to give you an idea on areas - Downtown Disney would work, South Coast Plaza is probably doable, the Irvine Spectrum might be north enough, but Laguna Beach is out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why no Laguna Beach? Too far?

I like Kantina in Newport, right on the water. Could be a little pricey since they think they're hot "doo-doo," but worth a call.

Summit House in Fullerton is pretty cool, and I know they have party rooms.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, United959! Laguna is too far, unfortunately.

Most of the employees live in north county or along the I-5 corridor. As a south county/I-405 girl, I’m struggling a bit to think of potential locations.

I thought Summit House’s website looked great and I have a call into them, but if anyone has other suggestions – even if it’s just a fun restaurant with a large room – please feel free to send them!

Thanks again.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the cross post, but someone suggested that Orange County experts might be more active here than in the general Calfornia forum.

As the title suggests, I’m looking for a spot to hold a holiday party for 60+ people. So as not to completely violate the TOS, details can be found in my original thread.

Thanks for being understanding of the dupe post, as well as for any suggestions!
Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, USAIR
I have to say this in honor of my mom

Benihana! They survive in large part thanks to birthday parties, engagement parties and office retirement parties. However, their tables only hold 10 per. I suppose if you were willing to book the whole place, they might close for the night.

I mention my mom because she had no idea that this was Benihana's main source of income. As we were driving there for my nephew's birthday she kept muttering Why are we going there for a birthday party? And the whole way back she was muttering You were right, every table had a party of some kind at it.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've emailed some OC friends to get their recommendations. Will post when I hear back. Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another place I like is Gulf Stream, right off MacArthur. That might be too far south, though.

There's an Opah on Jamboree in Irvine, a few blocks down from the 5...it's the same as the one in AV. They also own 230 Forest in Laguna Beach (which is a great spot!).
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys! And I'll look into those suggestions.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Received this from a cool person in the OC...

"- Amazon Churrascaria (Fullerton)... they have a banquet room, and what's more fun than servers walking around with grilled meat on sticks?

- Lucky Strike (the Block at Orange) - I had a birthday there, and it was a total blast. It's a bowling alley for adults... there's a separate area with something like 4-6 lanes, so while some people bowl, others can drink and lounge in couches and such.

- Anaheim Ice (formerly Disney Ice) - The official training facility for the Ducks. There's an enclosed area upstairs that overlooks the ice rinks where our team held their Alumni and end-of-season banquets. The novelty: ice skating in OC. The downer: it's freezing in there.

Then there's the more typical suggestions of Dave & Busters or any of the Downtown Disney Places (like House of Blues)."

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! Those sound like a lot of fun and I'll call right away.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Another place I like is Gulf Stream, right off MacArthur. That might be too far south, though.

There's an Opah on Jamboree in Irvine, a few blocks down from the 5...it's the same as the one in AV. They also own 230 Forest in Laguna Beach (which is a great spot!).

I second the vote for Gulfstream. Great spot. Excellent steaks and seafood, great service, and a cool atmoesphere. Seems to be a very popular spot during the week.

However, they probably don't have a private room for a party.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick90274
However, they probably don't have a private room for a party.
True, but they can section off parts of the restaurant, I'd think. Even better is if they could take up the entire outdoor patio area by the fire pits...
Old Aug 24, 2007, 9:35 pm

The View Is Spectacular

Orange Hill Restaurant
www.theorangehillrestaurant.com
6410 East Chapman Avenue
Orange, California 92869
714.997.2910 Reservations
714.997.1128 Fax
Old Aug 24, 2007, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Not sure of your budget, but you may consider the Ritz-Carlton in Dana Point. Spectacular ocean/beach views, beautiful garden setting, superb service, over the top!
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by caleo
Sorry for the cross post, but someone suggested that Orange County experts might be more active here than in the general Calfornia forum.
Since cross-posting is against the TOS, and since the greater Los Angeles forum is a sub-forum of the California forum, I have merged your two threads into this one.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.