Search

Sunday Brunches (+ Fizz - hic!) in LA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
Sunday Brunches (+ Fizz - hic!) in LA

Hi Guys

Looking for a good Sunday Brunch in LA to go to with friends. Seem to have a world pursuit of finding these in each city!! But looking for a Brunch that has a good selection of food at the buffet and free flowing fizz!! Any good suggestions??

Went to the Hilton in San Fran for their Sunday brunch and really enjoyed that, so if anyone knows anything similar.

Thanks
BF
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:53 am

Boeing Fred, I'll let others chime in on Los Angeles area Sunday Brunches. Many fine ones I'm sure. For your consideration, may I also suggest Orange Hill Restaurant, less than an hour south of Los Angeles in Orange. Orange County's best kept secret, IMHO! Upon arrival ask for window seating and for David as your server. He'll take good care of you and the view is spectacular. Outdoor seating is also available. And yes, the champagne freely flows.

Orange Hill Restaurant
www.theorangehillrestaurant.com
6410 East Chapman Avenue
Orange, California 92869
714.997.2910 Reservations
714.997.1128 Fax

Sunday Brunch Buffet
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
$30.95 Adults
$14.95 Ages 3-11

I believe seating prior to 10:00 AM is priced slightly less.

Bon Appétit!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:56 pm
In memoriam

Shutters at the Beach hotel in Santa Monica has several nice options. Pricey, but nice. And, the Bel Air Hotel has a classic brunch. Again, I believe around $50/person minimum. Say "Hi" to the swans on the Bel Air's remarkable grounds. At least there is free parking at the Bel Air (look across the street from the main entrance).
Old Feb 21, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The Pennisula Hotel has a very fine brunch.as does the Four Seasons,Both are very expensive($75 I belive)-not worth it if you do not drink IMO,but well worth it if you do.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:05 pm

Programs: NW, AA
Brunch, non-hotel

I too love brunch.

Can anyone recommend a non-hotel brunch in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, or Hollywood area that is not in a hotel.

Looking for a scene like Balthazar in NYC (the absolute best brunch place in the universe IMHO).

Thanks.

Jayson
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:19 pm

I too have really enjoyed the Bel Air Hotel brunch.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am not a fan of brunch. However, I have been dragged, kicking and screaming to brunch at the Peninsula and Four Seasons. Both venues are wildly expensive and at the end of the day not very satisfying. I prefer a brunch which is non-buffet. Two of the Sunday brunch venues which I like are Campanile and Jar. Both offer nice brunch menus in a comfortable setting. Both are in the West Hollywood area. Reservations essential at both restaurants.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
Anyone done the Hilton Brunch??

Thoughts comments???

Its staggering distance to Trader Vic's for a few cocktails afterwards!!

BF
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:24 pm

BLD on Beverly near the Grove is a great place for an easy, casual, non-buffet brunch. No reservations (unless 6 or more, I believe).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.