Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

See Roses Parade 1/1 without camping out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is it possible to see the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena without having to camp out the night before?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Human Unit 763246B
Is it possible to see the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena without having to camp out the night before?
You can buy tickets to sit in the grandstands along the parade route. I don't think that involves camping out, but I'm pretty sure it involves a serious outlay of cash. However, I don't know how much. I'm always out of town on New Year's Day; I just make sure to make it back home in time to attend the Rose Bowl!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I pretty much live on the parade route. Folks drive up the day of the parade - be prepared to park at least a half-mile away if you decide to do this. To get curbside seats, you need to camp out. Where I live, it gets about 8-10 people deep. I bring a stepstool and stand on it and can see just fine.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I have seen it 4 times in the 12 years i have been here.
Once was a private viewing platform at the sbc building,the rest of the times I just hike up Wilson to Colorado and watch it with mucho famillias hispanico from the side walk.
No need at all to camp out.And those Idiots that drive their huge honkin RV's and park them on small side streets
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Sure...

Reserved grandstand seating is avalible from Sharp Seating of Pasadena. Prices range from $40-85 per seat.

Or if you just want to see the floats up close, save you money on parade day, watch it on TV....and then go to the viewing of the construction the day before...and the display of floats the day after. Tickets will cost you less then $15 for both of them.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
I would also check eBay, especially in the 2 weeks before the parade. Just search on "Rose Parade" under Tickets. I once got some really excellent seats (3rd row at Colorado & Orange Grove!) for $45. Of course, you also need a bit of luck for this...
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:18 am

Programs: America Worst
Rose Parade

Watch it in High Def. Then go see the floats in the park the next day.
You can really enjoy the smell and get up close and get some great pictures too.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 5:28 pm

i live in pasadena, and it's easy to see the parade for free and without camping out. just park anywhere south of del mar, and stand anywhere east of los robles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.