LAX Elite Security Lines

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
LAX Elite Security Lines

Well, my original question is, does T3 have elite lines? I've been there exactly twice in my life (and never want to go there), but I don't remember if the special lines are there.

But, I figure, I might as well make this thread useful, so I'm listing out the terminals and their security setups... please help!

T1 - ?
T2 - ?
T3 - ?
T4 - Yes, at West end of the terminal.
T5 - ?
T6 - Yes
T7/T8 - Yes
Old May 24, 2006, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is T3 Tom Bradley? I'll let you know after I return from my trip to VIE. stimpy could probably post here as he's in/out of TBIT all the time. Cheers.

You might want to post a thread in TravelBuzz saying does anyone know which terminals at LAX have elite lines (and where they are) & then post the link to this thread. My guess is you'll get more response there, although that's just a guess.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:58 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
TBIT is between T3 and T4. T3 doesn't have elite lines for 2 reasons: most of the airlines flying out of T3 don't have elites (exception is AS), and there are so few flights out of T3 these days that the TSA outnumbers the pax at the times of day that I've been at T3. There simply aren't the kind of lines that T4 gets. I thnk there isn't an elite line at T1 or T2 either (never seen it, and those terminals do get huge lines, and in the case of T2 there is significant international premium traffic).

I guess the real problem at LAX is that the TSA is down 700 headcount from their peak staffing at LAX, and that is a lot of security screeners to be missing -- making long lines at peak times unavoidable. Plus the nature of eastbound traffic from LAX concentrates a lot of flights into a few hour window (morning and night). Making it unlikely that LAX will ever be staffed to make for short security lines, unlike some other airports.
Old May 28, 2006, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Keep in mind, they're not really elite lines. It's really a filter mechanism that allows FF's to get to the end of the screening line faster. You'll still have to line up once you pass the initial filter.
Old May 30, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: NWA Silver
T2 has some sort of eilte bypass, becuase I got to cut through a huge line there last month. I have never seen so many people in line for a terminal with so few gates. There were a lot of international flights all leaving at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.