Wiki Posts
Search

Shik Do Rak, Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Shik Do Rak, Los Angeles

Was in LA over President's Day weekend with another FTer for a getaway. Met up with some friends and had dinner at Shik Do Rak, located at 2501 W. Olympic Blvd, about 30 mins from LAX by car.

I am not a fond person of Korean food by any means, I do not go out of my way to eat Korean and if I see a Chinese place next to a Korean, no matter how bad the chinese place looks, I will go for the chinese.

So I was skeptical when we went to this Korean BBQ place for dinner. Boy was I wrong. This place is AWESOME to say the least. And prices were VERY reasonable, in fact I would say cheap for the quality of food we got.

What you do is you order a set meal for the group. The price ranged from $29.99 all the way to $159.99 and varies in quantity and types of beef and perhaps included other items as well. We ordered the $59.99 for 4 people, plus a seafood and vegetable pancake for $12.99. The set meal included soju as well.

So there were 2 types of beef that came with our order, the thinly sliced beef and a thick steak, which was cut up for us at our request. They also provided a large bowl of greens flavored already with a dressing that is out of this world. Finally they provided plates of rice noodles that are large and sticky. The method to eat is to cook the beef on the grill that is present on every table, dip the beef in the two sauces provided for each person, put it on top of the greens, take a piece of rice noodle and scoop the thing up and into your mouth. HMMMM mouth watering just thinking about it.

We also had the pancake and that was very good as well. It came with it's own special sauce and is very tasty.

Overall I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back the next time I go to LA.

On another note, it was a Sunday evening and it was packed and here is a link to Sweet Willie's article on LA's Koreantown

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307948
Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Count me in as a big fan of this place as well. We try to eat here at least once a month.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:19 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by indo79
We also had the pancake and that was very good as well. It came with it's own special sauce and is very tasty.

Overall I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back the next time I go to LA.

On another note, it was a Sunday evening and it was packed and here is a link to Sweet Willie's article on LA's Koreantown

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307948
I was just about to dig out that thread on Koreatown when I read your great report, guess I no longer need to look for it as this is where I'll be dining at the end of April when I'm in town.

Was the pancake the seafood/scallion pancake that is typically served?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 5:19 pm

I ate at Shik Do Rak this past weekend with my family. At first I wasn't sure we were in the right place. We ordered #2 from the set menu, and there was plenty for the four of us. Yummy, fun, and memorable! We'll be back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.