Consolidated "LAX and Greater Los Angeles Shuttle Services" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "LAX and Greater Los Angeles Shuttle Services" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 12:36 am

What about Shuttle2LAX?

Haven't had a chance to try them yet, but man, they've been advertising like crazy here. I am planning to use it instead of parking at LAX next time I go (about 2 weeks), so I checked Yelp, etc and the reviews look pretty good. It is a $20 flat fee shuttle van. To/From LAX to anywhere.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Rob Z
Haven't had a chance to try them yet, but man, they've been advertising like crazy here. I am planning to use it instead of parking at LAX next time I go (about 2 weeks), so I checked Yelp, etc and the reviews look pretty good. It is a $20 flat fee shuttle van. To/From LAX to anywhere.
It looks like they rent space in other shuttle vans, so supershuttle etc...?

My biggest gripe with shuttles is that they pick you up so early and then drive you around as you pick up more people. That usually takes a while.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:08 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin

My biggest gripe with shuttles is that they pick you up so early and then drive you around as you pick up more people. That usually takes a while.
That's kind of "you get what you pay for." The rate for "private" shuttle goes up significantly if one doesn't want to go around picking up other pax.

LAX
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:15 am

Shuttle2LAX

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin

Yes, you are right about that. When I booked online through Shuttle2LAX.com, I almost immediately got an email and confirmation that my reservation was going to be serviced by Prime Time Shuttle. But the cost is about 30% less than if I had booked on Prime Time directly, so that is interesting.

Also, I think going to Disneyland, there is not as much worry about time wasted picking up other passengers. There are so many people going the same place, the vans fill up quick.

Last edited by Rob Z; Jul 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm Reason: saw error
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:46 am

LAX shuttle: advantage of pre-booking?

I am from L.A. and go back frequently, but it's been years since I've used a shuttle (normally we rent a car). We will arrive about noon on a Wednesday, and will go to the Disney Paradise Pier Hotel in Anaheim, where my wife will attend a conference. The last time I used a shuttle from LAX, a few years ago, I just got one upon arrivel. What is the advantage of reserving in advance? Looks like both Super Shuttle ($32 for 2) and Prime Time ($35 for 2) require payment in advance.

We will rent a car but probably not until a day or two after the conference starts, and then from a location in Anaheim. We'll be arriving at LAX after 24 hours of travel so would rather not drive upon arrival, anyway, though could do it. Flying into LAX rather than SNA since it's one less flight (non-stop rather than one-stop from Charlotte, where we arrive from Brazil) and shuttle cost not much more.

Thank you.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:38 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
There used to be a discount for pre-booking vs. flagging them down.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
You might save a few dollars, but also have to deal with add'l passengers in shuttle going to their destinations. All adding to add'l time till you reach your hotel in Anaheim.

Have you considered hiring a car w/driver from a reputable service? Even if cost is a bit more, at least they will meet you at baggage area and both of you are in a towncar etc for your hr or so drive to hotel.

Am less than 10 mi. from LAX and use service, rather than shuttle or taxi. If you'd like there contact info, PM me.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about one of the Disney specific shuttles that run straight to the Dsiney property?

I was on a Super Shuttle a couple of weeks ago that did two stops by Knott's before even getting to the Disney area where I live then a couple of Disney area stops, I was stop #6!!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
What about one of the Disney specific shuttles that run straight to the Dsiney property?

I was on a Super Shuttle a couple of weeks ago that did two stops by Knott's before even getting to the Disney area where I live then a couple of Disney area stops, I was stop #6!!
Which Disney-specific shuttles from LAX have you used? I did find a site for Transtar shuttle service, but the cost from LAX was listed as $95 and a site for Coast Shuttle, whose site doesn't give rates. I'd be better off renting a car for the day (about $75 from LAX to Anaheim rental locations with my AARP discount). In the past few years we've taken Super Shuttle from BWI to Washington and from Manhattan to JFK so know the drawbacks.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 2:27 pm

Arrow All of the Transportation Options to Anaheim

Here is a really good article I came across. It is recent and the prices that I double checked were accurate. This lays out all of your options and their relative costs:

Transportation to Disneyland: Another Decision to Make

Hope that helps answer your question.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Disneyland Resort Express (LAX)
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Bus instead of van, but how else is it different from Prime Time or Supershuttle, in a practical sense? Still will make multiple stops, at various hotels, I gather. Price virtually the same as the shuttles. Quicker than the shuttle services because all stops are in the Disney resort area?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Rob Z
Here is a really good article I came across. It is recent and the prices that I double checked were accurate. This lays out all of your options and their relative costs:

Transportation to Disneyland: Another Decision to Make

Hope that helps answer your question.
Thanks. Interesting.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:17 pm

prime time shuttle

I would go with Prime Time, I always use them and their great about being on time and accommodating my needs. It's better to book in advance just to secure everything. I believe as far as prices go, it's gonna be the same, but booking online secures a ride. Prime Time also has money back guarantee for certain things.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:02 am

Thank you all for the very useful information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.