Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mastro's Steakhouse on Canon Dr

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Mastro's Steakhouse on Canon Dr

I had the wonderful fortune of being taken to Mastro's steakhouse in Beverly Hills on Canon Dr. This restaurant took over when the second Chasen's restaurant vacated. It is just down the block from Spago.

First, let me say that the ambiance is awesome. It is a bit loud, but we ended up having the room that has a glass wall to the kitchen. It is a very stylish and trendy hangout with top notch food. Some of the most amazingly beautiful women that I have ever seen were floating about the bar. I would imagine that this is a scene simialar to that of the Skybar on Sunset.

Food wise, you need to get STEAK! They are a steakhouse and do it very well. They have ovens that are specially made to sear the meat at some amazingly high temperature (like 1800 degrees or something ridiculous.)

We started our meal with an appitizer platter that was awesome. It was a two layered bowl with dry ice for effect. It was filled with crab, lobster, oysters and large shrimp. It was a beautiful display and all food was served on ice.

As for the entree, all items are ala carte and thus, the meat is just that; A piece of meat on a plate. You order a few side dishes to share with the group. We had vegetables, fries and onion straws (all of which were very good). I ordered the filet which if I remeber correctly, was an 8 oz piece. They had a bone in filet which sounded really good, but for the price difference, didn't opt for it. The meat was perfectly cooked and served to me hot and medium rare. This is one of the best steaks that I have had. Probably second to only the Delmonico's Steakhouse at the Venetian hotel in Vegas that I commented on a couple of weeks ago.

The food was great, the service was great and the atmosphere was fun. I would definately go back.

It was a bit pricy with meals all hovering around the $30.00 per entree range, so don't expect to leave there paying less than $60.00 - $75.00 per person.

The only celebrity that we saw was Joan Rivers. It was a surprise as it caters to a much younger crowd (no slight intended for Joan). You would expect to find the George Clooney, Brad Pitt types at this hangout.

You should be dressed nice if you go. Not a place that you have to wear a suit by any stretch, just something trendy or upscale casual. Listed below is their contact
information.

Mastro's Steakhouse
246 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills
310-888-8782

Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:03 am
Original Member

In my opinion Mastro's is the best restaurant in LA. They have a Phoenix location as well.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 2:12 pm

Mastro's Steakhouse
http://www.mastrosteakhouse.com/

Beverly Hills, California
246 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Scottsdale, Arizona
8852 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

------------------
Two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure equalizes the situation.
Old Feb 15, 2003, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by arosen:

We started our meal with an appitizer platter that was awesome. It was a two layered bowl with dry ice for effect. It was filled with crab, lobster, oysters and large shrimp. It was a beautiful display and all food was served on ice.

</font>

Something like this:
http://www.mofka.com/Devo31/apptower.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.