Wiki Posts
Search

Disneyland Anaheim Resort - hotel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, National EC
Disneyland Anaheim Resort - hotel recommendations

We are currently planning fall/winter trip to Disneyland in Anaheim. Last time we’ve been there 7 years ago and I guess things changed to the worse but I wonder how much.

Reading recent hotel reviews it looks like hotels are either deteriorated to the point of bed bugs and thievery among staff - this is from reviews on Clementine Hotel and Suites (former Residence Inn where we stayed in the past) or cost 700-1000 for a suite with pretty much nothing decent in between.

We are looking for 3-4 stars with one or two bedrooms and currently choosing between Westin, Hyatt Regency and tentatively Courtyard (JW seems OK too but has no suites for our dates)

Any recent stays at any of those? Any similar options I overlooked? Is the area still safe to walk after dark?

As a plan B, we can also stay at Huntington Beach, which might be cheaper as we go during low season, but I’m totally unaware of good options there.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
There has been an increase in homeless/panhandlers in the area surrounding Disneyland; only you can determine if that's a deal-breaker or not. Expecting a true suite at a decent hotel in that area for <$700 per night is going to leave you disappointed, but I guess you figured that out already. I'm not a fan of the Westin, but many people seem to love it, and it is a very short walk to the theme parks. The JW Marriott is great, but a bit of a longer walk and even if they had suites on your dates they'd be above your price range. Have you checked the Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites at the corner of Harbor and Katella? The Marriott at the convention center may have suites around the price you're looking for but you won't find them listed on the Marriott website, you have to call the hotel directly.

Have you checked prices and availability at the three actual Disney hotels for your dates? The price may be around a grand per night, but could be worth it (for the Disney "bubble", less walking to and from, package delivery service, etc.) if you don't find anything else suitable.
Andykh and corky like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Have you checked the Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites at the corner of Harbor and Katella?
The Homewood Suites there as well seems like have enough room for the family. Homewood Suites may seem like a very long walk from the resort but right next to it is the Toy Story parking lot. As an annual pass holder, I only park at the Toy Story parking because there is a discount for us. The Toy Story buses are huge and electric and really nice especially if you have strollers. If you stay at the Homewood Suites, you just have to walk 5 min to the Toy Story parking and take the bus.
corky and FlitBen like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, National EC
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Have you checked the Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites at the corner of Harbor and Katella?
In fact I did but Disney properties haven’t released winter inventory yet and fall prices for suites are well above 1k already. RI and SHS de facto haven’t released their inventory either - all basic room prices for 2024 starting at 1k, I guess they use the same pricing model as United

in case of SHS, I don’t see any differences with Maingate Courtyard which is much closer, pretty much the same price and doesn’t have constant stream of tourists looking for booze in 24 hour drugstore right under your windows (ah, the times I was one of them)

RI has 2 bedrooms and this new dreaded RI room layout (old one was so much better) so it might be an option for the right price. But if they price themselves as Hyatt (and they often do) I would rather stay at the latter
Old Apr 28, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
I got a suite at Hyatt House Anaheim for $230 last weekend. I recommend that.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
I'm an IHG loyalist so the HI on Walnut or the Staybridge Suites on Ball were always my choice.

Side recommendations for food:
Marris Pizza on Walnut and Katella
8th Haus Cafe on Brookhurst - I think it was called something else before but if it's the same family running it, they do amazing French toast for breakfast
Old May 8, 2023, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Andykh
We are looking for 3-4 stars with one or two bedrooms and currently choosing between Westin, Hyatt Regency and tentatively Courtyard (JW seems OK too but has no suites for our dates)

Any recent stays at any of those? Any similar options I overlooked? Is the area still safe to walk after dark?
Westin and Hyatt Regency will both be fine. They are both within walking distance of the resort and many of the restaurants outside of the resort.

I live in Anaheim and drive up and down Harbor everyday for work. I also go to the various happy hours in the Disney area and have never felt unsafe walking around. There are literally hundreds of people out and about in the evenings.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass

Home2 Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel, since many Disneyland hotels are run down and overpriced.
It's close to the entrance, clean in well maintained, and a good value.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:50 am

We've stayed at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort many times and have enjoyed it. Nice pools, terraced eating areas and the Club Floor is nice if you can swing access. You can certainly walk it to the parks, but would recommend the ART bus - there is a stop in the hotel drop off area. Simple and quick way to get the parks and back throughout the day.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 3:36 pm

I can recommend the Hyatt House in Anaheim. The hotel was great for the price, and the room we received was nice, clean, and well taken care of. The location was amazing, it was about a 7-minute walk (depending on how fast you walk) to the main gate of Disneyland. I did also once stay at the Grand Legacy at the Park, and the parking was extremely tight, the rooms were not very clean, and the walls were so thin. I would not recommend that place to anyone, its only saving grace was being less than 5 mins away from the park. Hopefully this helps!
Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Hyatt house Anaheim. We stayed there for our 4 days in Disney / CA. Loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.