Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Direct Flights from EUG/PDX to Long Beach?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

I've been searching on many different web sites like Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, and the like, and I can't seem to find any direct flights between Eugene (EUG) and Daugherty Field Long Beach Municipal (LGB). I remember when there used to be direct flights between Portland, Oregon (PDX) and Long Beach with Jetblue. However, from what I understand, Jetblue no longer flies into Long Beach. Yet the administrators at "World Airport Codes" (https://www.world-airport-codes.com) haven't updated their destination list. Is there any airline that offers direct flights from Eugene and/or Portland to Long Beach?

Last edited by Annabelle1987; Sep 26, 2022 at 5:06 am
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:56 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
According to FlightConnections.com and FlightsFrom.com, currently, there are no non-stop flights between LGB and EUG or PDX.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Annabelle1987
I've been searching on many different web sites like Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, and the like, and I can't seem to find any direct flights between Eugene (EUG) and Daugherty Field Long Beach Municipal (LGB). I remember when there used to be direct flights between Portland, ORegon (PDX) and Long Beach with Jetblue. However, from what I understand, Jetblue no longer flies into Long Beach. Yet the administrators at "World Airport Codes" haven't updated their destination list. Is there any airline that offers direct flights from Eugene and/or Portland to Long Beach?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Whenever I am trying to find out which carriers fly to/from a particular airport, I usually start by checking the destination airport's Wikipedia entry. The LGB Wikipedia entry shows no nonstop service to LGB from either EUG or PDX:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach_Airport

It appears that, on Saturdays only, Southwest offers a direct (through) morning flight from PDX to LGB. That flight stops in SJC, but no change of planes is required.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

That seems understandable, as SJC (I think that's San Jose, right?), is on the way to Long Beach, as opposed to some of the flights I've seen. For example, one from Eugene has two layovers, one in Seattle and one in Salt Lake City, which are north and east of Long Beach. What's up with that, I wonder?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
That seems understandable, as SJC (I think that's San Jose, right?), is on the way to Long Beach, as opposed to some of the flights I've seen. For example, one from Eugene has two layovers, one in Seattle and one in Salt Lake City, which are north and east of Long Beach. What's up with that, I wonder?
Are they just layovers, or is there actually a change of planes in Seattle and/or Salt Lake City?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Are they just layovers, or is there actually a change of planes in Seattle and/or Salt Lake City?
I think it says you change planes in both Seattle and Salt Lake City.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:32 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Southwest has one weekly one-stop, through flight, without a change of plane, from PDX to LGB; WN1844, Saturdays, 08:00 am.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Is Long Beach Airport the closest to the Catalina Express Terminal at 320 Golden Shore in Downtown Long Beach?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Is Long Beach Airport the closest to the Catalina Express Terminal at 320 Golden Shore in Downtown Long Beach?
Yes

And there used to be scheduled air service, via a Grumman Goose seaplane, from Long Beach airport to Catalina Island. When I flew it in ~1974 the captain was a retired Pan Am and WW2 pilot. He clearly loved his job. The flight took about 15 minutes and the fare was reasonable.

Last edited by dlaue; Sep 24, 2022 at 10:04 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
southwest runs different routes on the west coast ehere they fly

SEA/PDX/EUG/GEG/BOI to SMF/Bay Area then to SoCal airports or vegas/ phx.

Alaska airlines doesn’t fly into Long Beach iirc. Pre Covid therr might have bern a ODX direct flight to LA area airports.

Santa Ana I think you can get a direct from PDX. That should be closer than LAX

Last edited by djp98374; Sep 24, 2022 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlaue
Yes

And there used to be scheduled air service, via a Grumman Goose seaplane, from Long Beach airport to Catalina Island. When I flew it in ~1974 the captain was a retired Pan Am and WW2 pilot. He clearly loved his job. The flight took about 15 minutes and the fare was reasonable.
My American Uncle Ian, who lives in Avalon, also says there was a Grumman Mallard seaplane that flew to Catalina Island from Long Beach. Weren't those something like private planes? I mean, I'm not sure if the "Airport In The Sky" (That's the one in Avalon) fits big planes like the ones from LAX and SNA.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Here's an example of the flight I was talking about that has two layovers. Long Beach to Eugene | Google Flights
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS offers PDX-SNA nonstops; Allegiant offers EUG-SNA nonstops. But SNA is a 37-minute taxi or Uber/Lyft ride to the Catalina ferry dock.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
AS offers PDX-SNA nonstops; Allegiant offers EUG-SNA nonstops. But SNA is a 37-minute taxi or Uber/Lyft ride to the Catalina ferry dock.
How far is SNA compared to LGB from the Catalina Express Terminal?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How far is SNA compared to LGB from the Catalina Express Terminal?
37 minutes from SNA; 13 minutes from LGB (according to Google Maps).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.