Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

What are fun things To do In Los Angeles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are fun things To do In Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by nikehair

Also the Getty is touristy, but imho it's a can't miss...
There are TWO Getty museums in L.A. Both are worth visiting, but not everyone is interested in museums or fine art.... And it isn't clear what the OP's interests are, in any case.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
There are TWO Getty museums in L.A. Both are worth visiting, but not everyone is interested in museums or fine art.... And it isn't clear what the OP's interests are, in any case.
I was referring to the Getty Center, not Villa, but yes there are two. Regardless of interests, the Getty Center is worth a visit simply for the architecture and views of the city. Plus, it's free admission with cost of parking.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by nikehair
I was referring to the Getty Center, not Villa, but yes there are two. Regardless of interests, the Getty Center is worth a visit simply for the architecture and views of the city. Plus, it's free admission with cost of parking.
Yes, both Getty museums are free admission, but charge for parking. You can get a special BOGO parking deal if you visit both museums on the same day. Also, the Getty Villa (but not the Getty Center) requires you to get an advance timed-entry admission ticket.

Parking and Transportation Visit the Getty The Getty

I agree that the architecture and views from the Getty Center are worthwhile even for non-museum-lovers. And one can cruise along Mulholland Drive before/after the visit; the I-405 freeway exit for it (exit 61) is not far from the Center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.