FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   2023 - 2024 LAX Connections and Transfers Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/1813118-2023-2024-lax-connections-transfers-thread.html)

Eastbay1K Sep 2, 2023 9:47 am

Originally Posted by SCChris (Post 35541319)
FYI, the secure area connector between T3 and TBIT is now open. The entire airport is now walkable in the secure area of the airport except between T1 and T2 which is still closed due to other construction and obviously the American Eagle terminal that requires a bus ride.

https://www.lawa.org/news-releases/2...ws-release-033

Any reports on availability of check-in kiosks in the T3-TBIT corridor, such as between T4 and TBIT?

SCChris Sep 3, 2023 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 35548562)
Any reports on availability of check-in kiosks in the T3-TBIT corridor, such as between T4 and TBIT?

Based on the pictures posted in the DL Forum there aren't any yet. There is a DL Customer Service Center at the T3 end of the new connector.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35541957-post12.html

catmndu Sep 7, 2023 7:09 pm

This isn't a connection question but I can't figure out a better place to ask.

I typically only fly through lax. Tomorrow night (Sat 9/9) I have an AA flight leaving from the eagles nest about 7:30pm. I won't have a checked bag so I'm trying to figure out what time I should get to lax. I hope it's not two hours but I can hang out in the admirals club.

Thanks in advance for the helpful tips

bzcat Sep 7, 2023 7:26 pm

The bus ride from T4 or T5 to Eagle's Nest is roughly 15 min on average. The bus will probably stop at least once or twice to wait for passing aircraft.

The rest is up to your comfort level. If you are ok with arriving 30 min before departure from T4, then plan to arrive 45~50 min before your Eagle departure. It's totally doable with Precheck and no checked luggage.

catmndu Sep 7, 2023 8:24 pm

Thanks. I do have Precheck. I appreciate the quick feedback!

canadianhockey91 Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am

Need boarding pass for lax-sin

Yka-yvr Ac
Yvr-lax Ua
Lax-sin SQ J

AC can't issue the SQ BP. Where is the transit desk? In TBIT? Super annoying as was hoping to get into polaris first.

Any bright ideas otherwise does anyone know where the transfer desk is? Thanks so much!
Edit: the wiki says no transfer desk?!?! So we have to leave security? Or not go to any lounge and wait at the gate 😔

HkCaGu Sep 13, 2023 11:10 am

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91 (Post 35576630)
Super annoying as was hoping to get into polaris first.

If AC can't do it, maybe UA can. Try T7 CS counter or the UC or the PL.

canadianhockey91 Sep 13, 2023 11:15 am

Originally Posted by HkCaGu (Post 35576774)

Thanks! Yes I think my plan of action is try polaris lounge agents. If they can't doubtful any UA agent can. Then I'll like give up and go to TBIT and hopefully the star Alliance lounge can issue it. Really do not want to go out of security then back in.

TWA884 Sep 13, 2023 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu (Post 35576774)

If the UA agents are unable to do it, there are shared check in kiosks in the T4-TBIT connector. In addition, there should be SQ agents in the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT. Lastly, the agents at the gate should be able to issue the boarding pass.

xiaoxiaoyao Sep 14, 2023 6:45 am

connection between terminal 1 and B in LAX

I will arrive in LAX by SW, so I think I will be at terminal 1. I need to claim baggage. Then depart from terminal B.

Anybody know if there is a walkway after baggage claim from terminal 1 to B please? I don't want to take shuttle bus because I will travel with kid and 3 pieces of luggage. I think it's better to walk from terminal 1 to B.

Thank you!

chgoeditor Sep 14, 2023 1:12 pm

I'll move this to our California forum, where you're likely to get the best answers.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk

OskiBear Sep 14, 2023 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by xiaoxiaoyao (Post 35579496)
I will arrive in LAX by SW, so I think I will be at terminal 1. I need to claim baggage. Then depart from terminal B.

Anybody know if there is a walkway after baggage claim from terminal 1 to B please? I don't want to take shuttle bus because I will travel with kid and 3 pieces of luggage. I think it's better to walk from terminal 1 to B.

Thank you!

Yes - it's a pretty simple walk. You can either walk on the upper or lower level. Generally, the upper level is a bit nicer because it's open air, versus the lower level where it's dark and you're deal with exhaust fumes. You'll exit baggage claim on the lower level. Just head upstairs and take a right and head down to the Bradley termina.

phh1998 Oct 6, 2023 7:41 am

DL to B6 domestic self-connection (two separate tickets) - Is 2h4m enough time?

Would really appreciate any insight or advice from LAX regulars on this - Is a 2h4m layover enough for a domestic self-connection between DL and B6?

Will be flying with checked baggage on two separate premium tickets - First Class into LAX T3 on Delta and Mint out of LAX T5 on Jetblue.

xiaoxiaoyao Oct 6, 2023 8:59 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear (Post 35581525)
Yes - it's a pretty simple walk. You can either walk on the upper or lower level. Generally, the upper level is a bit nicer because it's open air, versus the lower level where it's dark and you're deal with exhaust fumes. You'll exit baggage claim on the lower level. Just head upstairs and take a right and head down to the Bradley termina.

Thank you so much!

TWA884 Oct 6, 2023 10:03 am

Originally Posted by phh1998 (Post 35641487)
Would really appreciate any insight or advice from LAX regulars on this - Is a 2h4m layover enough for a domestic self-connection between DL and B6?

Will be flying with checked baggage on two separate premium tickets - First Class into LAX T3 on Delta and Mint out of LAX T5 on Jetblue.

Be mindful that JetBlue's cut off for checking bags is 40 minutes. I have no experience with how long it takes to get checked bags with Delta at LAX. With AA, it can easily take 30 minutes before the bags start showing up on the carousel. Assuming that your DL flight arrives on time and that's how long it takes to get your checked bags(s), you'll have almost an hour to get from T3 to T5; its' very doable by walking - I recommend the upper level to avoid exhaust fumes and traffic noise - or taking the inter-terminal connector shuttle (actually, you can take any airport operated shuttle bus between those two terminal, e.g., the Metro Connector or LAX Economy Parking buses).