FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   2023 - 2024 LAX Connections and Transfers Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/1813118-2023-2024-lax-connections-transfers-thread.html)

YVR Cockroach Feb 7, 2024 10:19 am

Keep in mind you'll be clearing U.S. entry with the whole AF flight even if a good number are continuing on to PPT. If you don;t have GE but are eligible to use MPC, use that for faster US clearance (looks like it takes an average of 20+ minutes for non-US citizens to clear, with a maximum of just over an hour). Where you sit in the a/c and disembark will probably have some bearing on your wait. No Sky Priority on arrival other than priority baggage delivery (hopefully). Check-in cutoff for the next flight is 1 hr prior so 22:59 though it isn't too far of a walk to T3. If you can get out of TBIT by 2245-2250, you should be o.k.

TWA884 Feb 7, 2024 10:43 am

Originally Posted by germanmc (Post 35978057)
I'll be travelling on APR18th on the following route: AF76: CDG - LAX (Landing at 21h45), with connection on flight DL1897 LAX - GUA (Terminal 3), taking off at 11h59.

Overall I have 2h14min to make the entire transfer process, including luggage. Do you believe is it doable ?s

One or two separate tickets/record locators?

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 35978596)
Check-in cutoff for the next flight is 1 hr prior so 22:59 though it isn't too far of a walk to T3.

The check-in cutoff matters only if germanmc is travelling on separate tickets/PNRs.

germanmc Feb 7, 2024 10:52 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 35978596)
Keep in mind you'll be clearing U.S. entry with the whole AF flight even if a good number are continuing on to PPT. If you don;t have GE but are eligible to use MPC, use that for faster US clearance (looks like it takes an average of 20+ minutes for non-US citizens to clear, with a maximum of just over an hour). Where you sit in the a/c and disembark will probably have some bearing on your wait. No Sky Priority on arrival other than priority baggage delivery (hopefully). Check-in cutoff for the next flight is 1 hr prior so 22:59 though it isn't too far of a walk to T3. If you can get out of TBIT by 2245-2250, you should be o.k.

Thank you for your answer !!!
What do you mean by check-in cutoff ?
I didn't say it on my first post (my bad) but both flights are under the same reservation, sold my Delta.

germanmc Feb 7, 2024 10:53 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 35978686)
One or two separate tickets/record locators?

The check-in cutoff matters only if germanmc is travelling on separate tickets/PNRs.

Yes, sorry for the lack of clarification. Both legs were booked on the same record locators with Delta.

YVR Cockroach Feb 7, 2024 11:41 am

One ticket gives you more time (as well as protection though you may have to wait a whole day for the next flight). Should be bag drop off after clearance, and then heading to the DL gate (walk, don't take the shuttle bus as it pretty much has to go full circle around the terminal complex).

bzcat Feb 7, 2024 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by germanmc (Post 35978734)
Yes, sorry for the lack of clarification. Both legs were booked on the same record locators with Delta.

This is very important. I think you will be fine. Since AF would have checked you in all the way, DL is already expecting you so less chance of them closing the boarding.

Just make sure AF tag your checked luggage properly to GUA when you check in at CDG. After you clear immigrations at LAX, you will pick up your luggage and exit custom. After passing thru custom, to the right of the exit is luggage re-check station. Just hand over your luggage and then exit to the curb. Turn left and start walking until you reach the next terminal (T3) and you can go thru security there. The walk should take about 5 minutes once you exit custom.

747FC Feb 7, 2024 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by germanmc (Post 35978057)
Hello everyone ! New on this site.

I'll be travelling on APR18th on the following route: AF76: CDG - LAX (Landing at 21h45), with connection on flight DL1897 LAX - GUA (Terminal 3), taking off at 11h59.

Overall I have 2h14min to make the entire transfer process, including luggage. Do you believe is it doable ?

I have skypriority, but I'll be travelling in Y

Thnks

Welcome to Flyertalk!

You might want to study/post in this thread (and look at the top "Wiki": https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...thread-52.html

Looks like you meet the minimum connect time threshold. Hopefully your flight is on time. Good luck!

Above Feb 26, 2024 12:10 pm

I'll be traveling from London Heathrow to San Diego, and one of the flight options is United via LAX (United, and then SkyWest-United Express). The connection time is 2hr15min. It will be all one booking. I have an ESTA and will be checking bags. Is this enough time to make the connection? If I don't, what are my options? It seems there is only one flight per day with United to San Diego. Thanks!

TWA884 Feb 26, 2024 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Above (Post 36032243)
I'll be traveling from London Heathrow to San Diego, and one of the flight options is United via LAX (United, and then SkyWest-United Express). The connection time is 2hr15min. It will be all one booking. I have an ESTA and will be checking bags. Is this enough time to make the connection? If I don't, what are my options? It seems there is only one flight per day with United to San Diego. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, United's international to domestic minimum connection time at LAX is 1:10 for passengers arriving and going through immigration and customs at T6 and 1:30 for passengers arriving and processed at TBIT.

bzcat Feb 27, 2024 10:00 am

I would book this on one ticket. 2 hours should be enough as long as you are protected with inbound delays.

HkCaGu Feb 27, 2024 11:31 am

2h15m connecting to last flight of the day isn't reassuring. SFO-SAN would be more frequent.

sullim4 Mar 31, 2024 12:32 pm

Do any domestic airlines reliably staff the baggage recheck counters at TBIT in the morning, say around 6:30am or so for retagging?

I know AS does not, I also think DL doesn't, either. But I seem to remember that UA pops up on the kiosks at least. I've got a flight coming up that terminates at LAX and I need to figure out who to book back to SEA. The incoming intl carrier will not tag through on separate tickets.

747FC Mar 31, 2024 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by sullim4 (Post 36124506)
Do any domestic airlines reliably staff the baggage recheck counters at TBIT in the morning, say around 6:30am or so for retagging?

I know AS does not, I also think DL doesn't, either. But I seem to remember that UA pops up on the kiosks at least. I've got a flight coming up that terminates at LAX and I need to figure out who to book back to SEA. The incoming intl carrier will not tag through on separate tickets.

Aren’t those recheck personnel nonaligned?

TWA884 Mar 31, 2024 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC (Post 36124759)
Aren’t those recheck personnel nonaligned?

Each airline has its own agents staffing the recheck counters.

bzcat Apr 1, 2024 10:29 am

Pretty sure AA has staff there early morning to meet QF transfers but I also suspect that UA is the most diligent at staffing the recheck counter because the distance involved in the transfer. The UA domestic departures in T7 is a bit of a hike from TBIT whereas it is not much effort to roll your luggage over to T3 or T4 from TBIT to check in with DL or AA.