Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How to deliver mobile SIM with timing gap @LAX? [from one private party to another]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to deliver mobile SIM with timing gap @LAX? [from one private party to another]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:08 pm
HCA
Original Poster

How to deliver mobile SIM with timing gap @LAX?

Background:
Family A and B both travel to the US and want to share an AT&T SIM I got for them when they are in the U.S. I would like to get advice if there is no or low cost method to delivery AT&T SIM with several hours of gap at LAX. Will LAX information desk help us to do this (A can even provide a passport copy just for security reference)?

A (Female), B (Male), I am not in LA area that day.
A departure time: Thur CI 5 LA (15:30)∼ TPE (21:00, next day) (Friend will drive B to the LAX)
B arrival time: (Same day, 2-3 hours gap depend on immigration) Thur BR 12 TPE (19:20) - LAX (15:50) (Shuttle Bus with a group to Anaheim, CA area)

Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I don't know that there is an "LAX Information Desk." The Travelers Aid Society ceased operations in 2011.

No one, in either a private or an official capacity, will accept responsibility for holding such an item.

The best way of handling it is for the friend who is driving party B to the airport to deliver the item to party A or to their hotel in Anaheim.

An alternative is to mail the SIM to party A's Anaheim address; there is a post office near the airport at 9029 Airport Blvd (@Westchester Parkway). FedEx (5855 W Century Blvd) and UPS (8939 S Sepulveda Blvd & 8704 S Sepulveda Blvd) are alternative, albeit more expensive, options.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:42 am
HCA
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

Thinking we can use lost and found (assume we take the risk for we really get lost for the mobile sim). Mail is not a good solution as either party A or party B will lose the mobile access for few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.