Search

Uber from SNA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Uber from SNA

Uber and Wingz now allowed to pick up passengers at SNA.
http://www.ocair.com/newsroom/news/2...015-03-30.aspx
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Uber and Wingz now allowed to pick up passengers at SNA.
http://www.ocair.com/newsroom/news/2...015-03-30.aspx
Clarification: Uber has always been allowed to pick up. UberX is the controversial TNC. The author of the article should have been more specific.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PLT
Can anyone verify that UberX is actually picking up at SNA? I tried to request Uber last night from SNA but the app would not allow me to. I even tried taking an airport shuttle across the street the Hilton Irvine, but the app would still not allow me to request Uber. I eventually just gave up and rode the hotel shuttle back to the airport and got into a yellow cab for twice as much money. Has it worked for anyone else?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by terminator33
Can anyone verify that UberX is actually picking up at SNA? I tried to request Uber last night from SNA but the app would not allow me to. I even tried taking an airport shuttle across the street the Hilton Irvine, but the app would still not allow me to request Uber. I eventually just gave up and rode the hotel shuttle back to the airport and got into a yellow cab for twice as much money. Has it worked for anyone else?
I've never gotten an UberX from SNA. There is an Uber driver forum and some people have discussed pickups from SNA in the past. It sounds like the drivers weren't getting any good jobs. They may have stopped heading out there.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by terminator33
Why don't you just move the pin outside the airport, snag an UberX, then call and explain where you actually are?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
Why don't you just move the pin outside the airport, snag an UberX, then call and explain where you actually are?
OP did try leaving the location... probably preferable to making the driver head to one spot and then telling them to go to another from a driver perspective. The pin would probably need to be moved at least a few blocks away.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanted to report that we took UberXL to and from SNA last week. (4 of us + bags, so needed XL) Very easy, had to wait at our home in north OC for about 5 minutes, then on return had to wait at airport for about 5 as well. At the airport, once I got a driver, I called him to give specific instructions as the pin doesn't show level, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.