Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Good store to buy some cool/funny/crazy t-shirts in LA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2013, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know of a good store to buy some cool/funny/crazy t-shirts in LA? Not the kind of store that tourists get ripped off paying 30$ per shirt that is.
Old May 18, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by PeterL79
Anyone know of a good store to buy some cool/funny/crazy t-shirts in LA? Not the kind of store that tourists get ripped off paying 30$ per shirt that is.
Mmmm, any specific theme?

If you want surf/skateboard type stuff, I can think of ZJ's Boarding House at Main and Ocean Park in Santa Monica or Rip City Skates at Santa Monica and Princeton. Both have been around forever and would mean something to the recipient if they're into surfing or skateboarding.

Venice Beach area would be another idea but you're going to have to wade through the tourist stuff.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Let's see...

Most surreal would be the Museum of Jurassic Technology Gift Shop, which while you can order on-line, is so much more fun to visit.

While the fashionista would naturally go drop big bucks on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, the smart fashion shopper would go to the shops on Melrose Ave. between San Vicente and Gardner. High-end in the West, most funky further East... And a stop in at Aardvark's Odd Ark for sort of vintage wear that rock stylists and film/tv designers use is a must.

For L.A.'s answer to 3rd world bazaars, there's Santee Alley downtown, were you are apt to find all the tourist t-shirts and fashion brand knock-offs at bargain prices... The occasional police raids of vendors of counterfeit goods merely add a slight thrill to the experience.

Finally, for comic shirts, I'd try Y-Que Trading Post (http://www.yque.com) who has a wide variety of Hollywood/hipster type t-shirts.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Mostly looking for a big selection of t-shirts with different kinds of prints, all from meme´s to silly texts etc.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
There are all sorts of random t-shirt shops sprinkled across the LA basin. Wherever you are, just Google Map "t-shirt"

An example of would be T-Shirt Outlet.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Can't say some of the items are cool or funny or crazy, but they are sure cheap & fair # of choices - 3 for $10, perfect as souvenirs for just about everyone back at work. Or, key chains & other inexpensive gadgets at the "old" Chinatown's business section - along N. Broadway & Alphine Street. Was there a few weeks ago & took some folks there for a quick stopover in the mid-morning, plenty of on-street metered 1-hour parking, we used an indoor lot & only paid $3 for all day (used to be more expensive, LOL) Look for signs like "Chinatown Plaza" and "Dynasty Center" & "Saigon Plaza" by the Bank of America on the corner. Need an extra suitcase to bring home extras - got that covered too.

My car charger broke and I picked up a cheap 1 amp one for $5 - using my own mUSB cable - stalls have plenty of accessory "toys" for Apple & Android devices for that extra bling bling
Old May 20, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: SQ *gold / Starwood
Melrose between Fairfax and La Brea
Old May 20, 2013, 8:20 pm

For vintage rock T-Shirts, try Yonada:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yonada-los-angeles

Melrose and Stanley.
Old May 20, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by jfh1107
Melrose between Fairfax and La Brea
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
For vintage rock T-Shirts, try Yonada:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yonada-los-angeles

Melrose and Stanley.
If you end up in that part of LA, hit up Pink's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.