Best place to stay with 4 kids near LA/Hollywood/Anahiem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres

any ideas. Wife and I staying for 4 nights in Anahiem/LA/Hollywood area with 4 boys.

fun places, yet affordable and safe? Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Gosh, that's a *HUGE* geographic range! How old are the boys and what types of things do you enjoy?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Residence Inn Placentia/Fullerton. Convenient to both Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:19 pm

Broad question. Hollywood is not a separate city, but part of the City of Los Angeles, which is pretty big. And the County of Los Angeles is even bigger. And Anaheim is in Orange County. As noted, depends on where exactly you will go and for how many days. You don't give a budget. What's affordable to you may not be to me, and vice versa. "Safe" is a broad term. We don't know what's fun for you. There are many, many, many hotels in Anaheim and environs. Tripadvisor and other sites list many. Some people pay extra to stay within walking distance of Disneyland. Some hotels have shuttles. But we don't know your schedule and if it's important that you stay in just one hotel for all 4 nights. Not sure how much time you intend to spend in "Hollywood." IMHO, there isn't all that much to see in downtown Hollywood itself (not the best part of town, IMHO, though not horrible) and those things (e.g., Walk of Fame, Grauman's) you can see pretty quickly. Some things people think of as being in Hollywood aren't. Two of the best known movie studio tours are Warner Brothers in Burbank and Sony Studios (formerly MGM) in Culver City. Paramount Studios in Hollywood also has tours. Universal Studios has a smaller studio tour but is, from what I've heard (and vaguely recall from years ago), mainly a theme park. For amusement parks there are, of course, Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim, Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, Universal Studios in Universal City and Magic Mountain out in Valencia. If you are hitting several parks, you could end up driving a lot. In Southern California traffic. Again, Tripadvisor and other sites have reviews of these and other attractions. If by chance you are into museums, the Getty Center in Brentwood, Getty Villa in Malibu. L.A. County Museum of Art, several museums in Exposition Park, the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena and the Gene Autry Museum of the West, adjacent to Griffith Park, are all good.

If you give a more detailed itinerary, and budget, it'd be easier to respond. You will have a car, right?

Last edited by SoCal; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.