Wiki Posts
Search

Disneyland Club 33

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Disneyland Club 33

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time posting. Quick question, heading to Disneyland this weekend to propose to my girlfriend who is a huge Disney fan. Aside from knowing a member has anyone had any luck getting a reservation to Club 33?

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: US Airways - Platinum
Originally Posted by jkuchta
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time posting. Quick question, heading to Disneyland this weekend to propose to my girlfriend who is a huge Disney fan. Aside from knowing a member has anyone had any luck getting a reservation to Club 33?

Thanks.

jkuchta,

Welcome to FT and good luck with your proposal. I think it's next to impossible to get into Club 33 without an inside connection, however, you may want to post your question over on the forums at Miceage, or Mouseplanet. They are very helpful and most knowledgeable of all things Disney related. Again, best of luck to you.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:56 am

I have been before several times. There are many corporate sponsors, and in past gaining entry was possible via corporate sponsorship contacts.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:19 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
jkuchta, welcome to FlyerTalk. Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Los Angeles Forum. In that forum you'll also find a consolidated thread discussing Disneyland: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html

Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by jkuchta
Hi All,

Thanks.
It's a member's only club and they do not make reservations for non-members. Only a member can make a reservation for a non-member. The memberships come in individual and company so you'll have to find a member or someone that works for a company that has a membership that will do it for you. I've watched people at the door trying to bluff their way in, it doesn't work and they embarass themselves.
Other than that, consider the Blue Bayou though it's dark and sometimes noisy or Snow White's Grotto. The Napa Rose at the Grand Californian is very nice though it doesn't impress like C33 does.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
The Blue Bayou is closed until November, so that's out. I second Snow White's Grotto--it's quiet and beautiful.

Also, consider World of Color Dining at Wine Country Trattoria. It's a $40 3-course prix fixe on the second-floor balcony level of Wine Country Trattoria, which is beautiful. Plus, because it's in California Adventure, you can enjoy some wine with dinner, or some champagne when she says yes. (Plus, the reserved viewing for the show is worth the cash.)

You might have some luck with Club 33 if you check CraigsList ... occasionally people post offers, but it is pretty rare (and I imagine that Disney has been cracking down on it).
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the tips so far guys, the World of Color Dining at Wine Country Trattoria sounds like it might be a good fit as well.

I will look into Craigslist and see what I can dig up.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:13 am

Have you decided where you'll propose? A restaurant would be romantic, but for something different and memorable, perhaps on one of the rides, especially one of the quieter ones so she can her you and doesn't think you've asked her to carry you. If you do it on a boat with lots of people around (e.g., Mark Twain or Jungleland) I'm sure you'd get lots of cheering from the others (though you want to be sure she'll say yes). Of course, if she has a favorite attraction, that could be best. Enjoy.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: Delta, American, United
Maybe consider proposing under the castle instead. It's a place you can easily visit again in the future and chicks love to feel like princesses.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
LA Times: Disney alters perks for Club 33 members

MODS: Sorry if this is the wrong forum. First time posting on DiningBuzz.

For access to what is billed as "the most exclusive address in all of Disneyland" — Club 33 — many members pay $11,000 a year. Now some of those fans are piqued over what they say is a roll-back of their platinum-plated perks. Some are even contemplating canceling a membership so coveted that the waiting list is closed.

The current uproar has to do with how many extra VIP cards are allotted to platinum members, the highest level of non-corporate membership. This year each got three.

The cards allow a lucky few to enjoy many of the benefits of a member, including access to Disney parks and dining at the secretive Club 33 restaurant, tucked away in Disneyland's New Orleans Square. VIP cardholders, who don't need to be related to the member, enjoy those perks without the member present.
Full Article from LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...213-story.html

I have been once to Club 33, as a guest. Grow up - you are at Disneyland. $11,000 a year membership? Waiting list to join? What a joke. Article says member does not want to give name as they are afraid of being denied renewal in this exclusive club.

I have also been to the Foundation Room in LAS a few times, as a guest. Get over yourself.

Both are places for DYKWIA places to hang out.

The Foundation Room was loaded up with what seemed to be "women of the night". Very friendly. Very, very friendly.

Why do people buy memberships to these "exclusive" places? Disneyland, Las Vegas.... Give me a break!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
LA Times: Disney alters perks for Club 33 members (Give me a break)

Well, it is the one spot in Disneyland where you can enjoy a cocktail.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Disneyland threads are normally in the Greater Los Angeles forum; I'll move this there where it can join those.

cblaisd
Moderator, Dining Buzz
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
So the Club33 members are basically ticked off that instead of 3 VIP passes that they could sell for $$$$ they got four special annual passes that they can sell for a lot less.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kettle1
Grow up - you are at Disneyland. $11,000 a year membership? Waiting list to join? What a joke. Article says member does not want to give name as they are afraid of being denied renewal in this exclusive club.
I find myself in agreement with this sentiment. Is Disneyland even fun more than once or twice a year?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I find myself in agreement with this sentiment. Is Disneyland even fun more than once or twice a year?
To some (many) people, yes. Internet rumor has it there are more than a million annual passholders to Disneyland. Chances are every one of them goes more than once or twice a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.