Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by AJSpark
Does anyone have any up-to-date information on how construction is progressing, or has it not started yet? Is anything new open? Is anything at all open? I have a flight at noon on Wednesday and need to know if I need to bring my own lunch. Thanks!
I would bring something from home or from outside. The options of Brioche Dore (mock deli sandwiches) Burger King, or Chili's are the only options right now. Presuming you are coming in on Eagle from SBA? You can also exit T4 and go to the International Terminal/TBiT for a few food options that are available pre security, but you'll have to re-clear T4 security coming back in.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:49 pm

Update:

The former Manhattan Beach Brewery space (across from gate 43) is now a Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and is now open and operating at T4 LAX. Hard to believe that after being shut down for 4-6 months, the layout and "look" of the place is basically the same. Bland design and color scheme.

Also, another gift/news shop opened next to the Admiral's Club entrance, although not sure why T4 needs 2 gift/new shops.

The Starbucks re-opened next to gate 46A, and there has been a Starbucks at the Baggage Claim area (land side) now for several months.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Robt760
The Starbucks re-opened next to gate 46A, and there has been a Starbucks at the Baggage Claim area (land side) now for several months.
That Starbucks never closed (there used to be two Starbucks outlets in T4). That being said, I think it is located where the next stage of the remodeling project is scheduled to take place.

I haven't been there in a couple of weeks, but I was told that Peet's Coffee opened near Sammy's Woodfired Pizza.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
That Starbucks never closed (there used to be two Starbucks outlets in T4). That being said, I think it is located where the next stage of the remodeling project is scheduled to take place.

I haven't been there in a couple of weeks, but I was told that Peet's Coffee opened near Sammy's Woodfired Pizza.
Likely a mistake on my part about the Starbucks next to Burger King. I was just there yesterday, and did not see a Peet's, but I'm all for it over a Starbucks.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Last week, there was a one hour wait for pizza at Sammy's - not a wait for a seat, but instead, they had run out of dough and the new batch needed time to rise etc.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
The Brioche Doree across from Gate 41 is now closed, so that looks like the next place to get renovated. Looks like the Starbucks line in the morning will be even longer now. I guess we'll have to do without $5 mochas and $3 croissants...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by SoCalFlyer23
The Brioche Doree across from Gate 41 is now closed, so that looks like the next place to get renovated. Looks like the Starbucks line in the morning will be even longer now. I guess we'll have to do without $5 mochas and $3 croissants...
I'm happy to see it go. There was nothing authentically French about that place and their food, nothing much better than a grocery store sandwich place.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, IIRC, the deli at the gate 40 end of T4 will heat up any "cold" sandwich I want and let me pay for it in way under 5 minutes typicaly (of course, like anywhere, it depends on the line). So I can have healthy, hot, and fast, all at the same time.

Meanwhile, how slow wood fired pizza is depends on whether it's made to order or not. Over in T1, CPK runs a very efficient and flexible pizza operation, where if you want a pizza that isn't ready or in process, you can get any pizza in about 10 minutes, but they tend to have a reasonable supply of "just made" pizzas always waiting (or a minute or two away) for those customers who'd rather have it fast than to-spec.

Does Sammy's Woodfired Pizza have an existing airport concession somewhere else (that we could use to see whether they'll do this as well for cusotmers in need of food fast as CPK in T1 does)?
I can't speak for any Sammy's at an airport, but the quite similar California Pizza Kitchen has several airport concessions, including at SAN and SJC and they basically are pre-heating several popular choices, such that they are already cooked and under heat lamps, or else will take well under 5 minutes from the time they are ordered till they are served. I cannot imagine that any Sammy's at an airport would operate any differently.
Old May 4, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Didn't see a newer thread on this, so figured to bump this one. Came through LAX today; most of the dining is closed, except Starbucks, Sammy's (new) and the sandwich place (currently "Homeboy Cafe & Bakery" -- formerly "Brioche Doree" wasn't it? On a superficial examination, unchanged except for the name.)

Had planned to sit down for a meal with MrsNKEdel and MiniNKEdel who were flying with me; Sammy's was the only sit-down place, and was mobbed, so ordered a takeaway pizza to bring to the AC. Was told there would be a 20 minute wait (unless I wanted BBQ which was ready immediately), so checked my family into the AC and then picked up the pizza. Was not 20 minutes; the pizza was ready to go when I got back from the AC.

Pizza wasn't bad; better than I remembered from the SJC CPK Express -- and a nicer base crust than CPK in general (much lighter than the slightly bready one CPK) with otherwise decent but unexceptional sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on top of it (and not over-cheesed, the way many "gourmet" places do.)

Overall, very good for airport food, although it was a fairly small personal pizza for a fairly high price ($15 after tax?). Would not have been enough for two, even fairly light eaters, had it been an even split but MrsNKEdel was fine with a smaller piece and snacks she'd packed. I'll get it again if a better option doesn't open, but not a very good trade for Chili's -- pricier, less seating, and the non-pizza options looked uninteresting.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
Need at least one fast option

Was in Terminal 4 four times in May and actually miss Burger King. The line outside Sammy's was mindboggling and there were no other choices. Told the receptionist at the AC and he said there is supposed to be a food court in the near future although I can't find more information (where, what vendors, etc.). I hope American management is reading this forum since Terminal 4 must have at least one really fast and reasonably priced and diversified food vendor like a Burger King, or at least the "upscale" people LAX management seems to have favored need to provide fast and reasonably priced pickup food at their registers. In my case, in total desperation for food after freeway hell to get to LAX, the guy at the AC bar produced "another menu" not generally on the counters. It had a Kobe beef burger for around $14 that turned out to be very good. All things being equal, I still would have preferred Burger King.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
That's why you eat at In-N-Out before going to T4...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
The dining situation in T4 definitely sucks right now. Until they get the old Burger King area remodeled, it's going to continue to suck.

I had never flown out of T5/6 at LAX until a month ago, and was surprised to see how many more dining options they have over there versus T4.

Hopefully the airside connector from T4-TBIT opens at some point, this will give a ton more options...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by bzcat
That's why you eat at In-N-Out before going to T4...
Not very helpful if you're connecting unless you've got a long connection and really don't mind the scope-or-grope at security.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:49 pm

Does anyone know when the upgraded dining in T4 is supposed to be completed?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Can anyone report on what's actually open right now (conflicting reports from multiple websites)? Connecting through LAX tomorrow evening for a redeye and the last time I came through (late April), the only thing open was the pizza place with a line out the door. Had to settle for a disappointing salad at the time.

So what's open these days? Hoping for that Burger King at least...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.