Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

If you find yourself at or near LAX on a Tuesday and are looking for lunch...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

...then you're in luck!

What:
Sometime in April of 2010, the folks at Gateway to LA ABD decided to cash in on the gourmet food truck craze that has hit the Los Angeles area in the past year.

When and Where:
Nearly every Tuesday from 11am-3pm, there are usually several trucks parked in the trianle-shaped parking lot just behind the Crown Plaza Hotel (see this map).

How to get there:
- Ocean Express Trolley, Westbound stop at Century Blvd and Avion Rd.
- LA Metro Buses: most routes (40, 42, 117, et al) that stop at LA City Bus Center
- On foot: can be done, exit from T1 and go east along Century Blvd, about 2 miles
- Via hotel shuttles: Take the one for the Crown Plaza or Sheraton Gateway.
- Car or Taxi: Drive on Century Blvd and then go north on Avion Rd., then turn right. Plenty of free street parking. There is a parking garage adjacent to the food lot, but it is about $3/hr if you want to pay for it.

Other Info:

This is a popular spot for the local workforce to eat at. I personally go there for lunch nearly every Tuesday for the variety of food available.

A good meal there usually costs no more than $12 in cash. Some vendors do take credit cards, but their machine's wireless connections can be problematic due to the surrounding car park, hotels, and office buildings blocking nearby tower signals. Therefore, I recommend taking cash.

Live music is always on tap and there are rows of tables and chairs with sunshades available to gourmet food truck patrons.

Links:

- Main page for the event, updated every week:LINK

- Future food truck schedule on Google Calendar: LINK
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
From LAX, the best way to get here is to take the free Airport Bus C which will drop you off at the Bus Depot on 96th St. You can cross 96th and cut across the Gateway Sheraton parking lot to where the food trucks are located.

Also, this website is handy for anyone looking for food trucks: http://www.foodtrucksmap.com/la/
Old Feb 4, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Are there any trucks you particularly recommend? I've got a conference at the Sheraton Gateway in a few weeks and this looks like a good option.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:16 am
Original Poster

The selection of food trucks varies every week.

My philosophy: pick one and try their item at least once.

If you look at the Google calendar link above, you will see what may be available on the Tuesday that you are visiting. Most of these trucks have at least a twitter page and/or a web page. Visit their web pages and they most likely will have a menu of their offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.