Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Flying LH from TBIT: can I still enter T5 or T4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'll by flying from LAX to MUC with Lufthansa. Hence, the flight will depart from TBIT. However, I'd like to purchase a one-day pass for either the Admiral's Club Lounge or the Delta Sky Club Lounge - which are located in T4 and T5 respectively.

Can I freely walk from TBIT to T4/T5 (and back to TBIT) and access the lounge? Or will the security staff stop me because technically I am not flying out of T4/T5?

Thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:44 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I am 99.9% certain you would not be able to enter any other terminal other than the TBIT with a LH boarding pass; sorry!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I am 99.9% certain you would not be able to enter any other terminal other than the TBIT with a LH boarding pass; sorry!
Too bad, but thanks for your reply! Just another quick question: once I have checked my luggage with LH and obtained my boarding pass, can I still leave the terminal/airport and head to In-n-Out Burger? And return to the airport of course?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by altalk08
Too bad, but thanks for your reply! Just another quick question: once I have checked my luggage with LH and obtained my boarding pass, can I still leave the terminal/airport and head to In-n-Out Burger? And return to the airport of course?
Yes, you can leave and re-enter with your BP. There's a Daily Grill at TBIT, which has much better food than In N Out.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
There's a Daily Grill at TBIT, which has much better food than In N Out.
Blasphemy!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
No problem leaving to go to IN and out,

plus there is probably a Admiral's Club Lounge or the Delta Sky Club Lounge type lounge at Tom Bradley but it will be for Skyteam and I am sure they will take your money for a day pass,

I know there is a Star alliance lounge at Tom Bradley and Lufthansa is part of Star so that might be better

Rally
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rally
No problem leaving to go to IN and out,

plus there is probably a Admiral's Club Lounge or the Delta Sky Club Lounge type lounge at Tom Bradley but it will be for Skyteam and I am sure they will take your money for a day pass,

I know there is a Star alliance lounge at Tom Bradley and Lufthansa is part of Star so that might be better

Rally
Thanks! But the *A lounge is not selling day passes, is it?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:25 am

"Technically" you're not flying out of T4 or T5? Check the Web sites for the airlines running the lounges/clubs, or even phone the lounges directly. I always thought you had to have a boarding pass to get to a club, but I learned from the Alaska Airlines Web site that they, at least, allow people not flying their airline to use the club, located in T3, which is next door to TBIT. I have not used that club. Day pass is $45. There may be others that allow this, as well. Delta used to charge less than some others for their club's day passes, but they also offered less in terms of food and drink (at least for free).

I am also not a fan of In-N-Out, but I seem to be in the minority, at least among posters here.

Last edited by SoCal; Jan 26, 2011 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
problem is you are not going to get past security without a boarding pass for that terminal , so you need a lounge in Tom Bradley.

maybe this will help you
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...s/los-angeles/

Rally
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
problem is you are not going to get past security without a boarding pass for that terminal , so you need a lounge in Tom Bradley.
is there some reason why TSA at T4 wouldn't let you through security with a LH BP, explaining that you are heading to the AC ?

AC's policy does not appear to prohibit this:

One-day pass visitor must hold a same-day ticket for airline travel that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals Club location.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:07 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
When I did a quick search on TBIT, there is apparently a lounge there called "reLAX Lounge." It's open to the public with a day pass of $50. Not sure if it's air-side or not, but it's at least in TBIT, which saves the hassle of walking between terminals even if OP is allowed without a valid BP (which I highly doubt). There may be others, too. Hope this helps.

LAX
Old Jan 28, 2011, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
AC's policy does not appear to prohibit this:
But the AC doesn't control TSA. TSA does whatever it wants, and it doesn't like people without BPs for that terminal to enter.

But, you can enter T4 if you are an AC member even if you're not flying AA. Just call them up the day before and they'll issue you a fake BP that you can pick up at the counter or I suppose kiosk and trick the smurfs into letting you in.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:39 am

What the Alaska Airlines Web site says, in regarding to their "Board Room" lounges at LAX, Anchorage, Seattle, Portland and San Francisco airports is: "thanks to a special agreement with the TSA, members can enjoy their Board Room benefits even when not traveling." So can those purchasing one day passes also get in? I don't know (I'm guessing they'd have to purchase the pass online and print it out to get through, or at least talk with the customer service desk outside of security). Are they the only airline with this "special arrangement"? I would guess not, but do not know. T3 is as close to TBIT as are T4 and T5. I don't know how the lounge compares with those OP asked about.

I'm guessing no club or airline issues a "fake" boarding pass, but it appears there may be special passes for at least some lounges.

Last edited by SoCal; Jan 28, 2011 at 7:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.