First class checkin @ JFK

Old Feb 9, 04, 8:11 am
Original Poster

First class checkin @ JFK

I will be taking Lacsa #661 departing JFK for San Jpse @ 5:15AM next Sunday. I have heard horror stories about Taca/Lacsa at other airports. What should I expect @ JFK this early in the AM?
Old Feb 9, 04, 9:42 am
Original Member

There will be a separate check in line for first class, and at most a few people in it. They will check you in promptly and efficiently for first class. It's a very early flight, but you get to San Jose with enough day left to do quite a bit if you wish to. Have a good trip.

Djlawman
Old Feb 9, 04, 11:01 am

My sister recently took this flight in first class (thanks to a generous brother with lots of Latinpass miles). She took a cab from Long Beach and had no problems whatsoever at that hour. This was before the New Year and the flight left at 5:45am and not the time you indicate. I believe she may have left the house at 4:15am or some other ungodly hour.

[This message has been edited by tfjim (edited Feb 09, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 04, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I live in Northport, so I'll have to leave at 3:15AM! That should get me to JFK @ 4:00 AM. Talk about an ungodly hour!!!
Old Feb 10, 04, 12:02 am

Ugh, Northport? Don't they have a roller rink there?

Have you considered a Priceline hotel for the night prior? Might be worth the bucks and might be easier to coordinate a ride versus paying for a taxi or driving at zero dark thirty am.
Old Feb 10, 04, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the only prob I have with all these LP flights is they leave so early the duty free isnt opened/ nor anything else yet.
didnt find too much in SJO that was worth getting price wise in the airport.
Old Feb 10, 04, 11:46 pm

Craz,

Easily solved, just get there the night before, check in and shop, then sleep in the terminal!
Old Feb 13, 04, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if that could be done with Delta etc.. of cause taca etc has no one there maybe 1 rep for the incoming planes. they use all Delta workers for everything.

Search this Thread